Chapter 2

Milly and Elliot went their separate ways when the bell rang marking the end of the free period. Milly had science and Elliot had math. Which Milly knew because Elliot told her and she definitely didn't know his whole schedule, after school activities, and locker number by heart.

Normally Milly paid attention in science, well at least more than she did in math, but today all she could think about was Elliot.

They met in this very class, well because of this class actually. Elliot was in the Junior class, which was right before the sophomore class. Milly happened to come early while the juniors were leaving. She walked over to where she sat and noticed a boy with coral colored hair. He was packing up his things, but seemed to be running late for something based on the fact he was rushing.

Milly didn't really care about this until she noticed he left his book. It was sitting on the table next to the chair where he was sitting. In his rush to leave the classroom he must have left it there.

Milly checked the clock, there was about five minutes until class started, she had enough time to run and give the book to the boy.

She grabbed it off of the desk and sprinted out of the classroom. Milly looked around the crowded hallway, many kids were changing classes now so it was hard to see things because she was ehm vertically challenged.

She was about to give up and turn the book into the teacher when she saw a flash of coral, the boy. Milly ran down the hallway, almost knocking over several people in the process. The boy paused almost as if he sensed that something was missing.

"Wait," Milly called out.

The boy seemed to know she was talking to him and turned as the pink haired girl ran over.

"You left your book!" Milly exclaimed as she caught up to him. She held up the book for him and looked into the most beautiful brown eyes she had ever seen.

They were the color of cocoa and ginger, her mom's favorite cooking ingredients. They almost seemed to sparkle as he looked into her own pink ones. Even though bags were noticeable under his wire framed glasses, his eyes were alert and kind.

The boy smiled and took the book from Milly. "Thank you!" he exclaimed, "I don't know what I would have done if I lost this."

"No problem," Milly managed to splutter.

The boy smiled, "My name is Elliot! What about you?"

"Milly," she said holding her hand out to shake.

He took it and they shook quickly.

"So you are interested in plants?" Milly asked, noticing the cover of the book.

Elliot nodded, "I started the gardening club here at the school. So far not many people have joined, but it's nice taking care of all of the flowers and plants." He stared off into space wistfully. "What about you?"

"What?" Milly asked confused.

"What club do you participate in?"

"Oh," Milly said. "I participate in the music club. I'm the main guitarist."

"Thats super cool!" Elliot said.

They both looked up as the bell rang signalling the one minute warning to get to class.

Elliot smiled, "Well I have to go! It was nice meeting you Milly."

"Yeah," Milly blushed, "you too."

Elliot paused for a moment nervously. "Would you maybe want to come by the school garden sometime to talk?"

Milly's eyes widened, "Sure!" she said very excitedly.

Elliot nodded, "Great! Good bye Milly!" and then turned to go to his class.

"Bye" Milly wave and then rushed back to her class before the teacher could put her in detention, again.