Chapter 12

"What did she say?" Elliot asked as Milly returned to the table.

"She isn't able to pick me up until the afternoon. Are you sure it's okay?" she asked, looking at Elliot's mom.

"Definitely," she affirmed.

Milly smiled.

"It's great that you get to stay longer!" Elliot exclaimed with the biggest smile ever.

And Milly's blushing was back.

"Ha, yeah," Milly laughed nervously.

The rest of the day Milly and Elliot hung out. Most of their time was spent outside in the garden. It looked so lively and fresh after the long rain. They talked about a variety of things, school, clubs, math, and the band competition.

"I think I'll be free that day," Elliot commented. "Maybe I can watch you perform."

"That would be great," Milly responded excitedly turning extremely pink.

After a delicious lunch of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches it was time for Milly's mother to pick her up.

"Thank you so much," Milly's mom exclaimed as she clutched Elliot's mother's hands. "Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

Elliots mother laughed, "No, Milly was an absolute angel! It was wonderful to have her over. She can come over anytime!"

Milly's mother smiled, "Elliot can come over anytime as well." Then she turned to Milly, "Ready to go?"

Milly nodded, "Yup."

"Okay, let's go."

"Before you go," Elliot said and handed a flower to Milly. "It's a carnation from my garden I hope you like it."

She turned the same shade as the flower. "Thanks Elliot I really like it."

Elliot beamed, "See you tomorrow Milly."

"See you tomorrow."