Chapter 11

When Milly woke up Elliot was no longer on the couch. He and his mom were sitting at the table drinking what looked like coffee but smelled like tea and playing Uno? Milly rubbed the grogginess out of her eyes and got up off the couch. She walked over to the table where the mother and son were playing cards and sat down. Milly put her arms on the table and put her head on top of them almost like a pillow. She had never really been a morning person.

Elliot and his mother looked at her, probably surprised that someone as energetic as her ever got tired.

"Do you want some tea dear?" Elliot's mother asked.

Milly tiredly shook her head and yawned.

Elliot laughed, "The tea will wake you up."

Milly yawned again, "Sure."

The tea actually did wake her up, maybe it was the warmth or maybe the tea had caffeine in it, Milly didn't really know.

"Would you like to play?" Elliot asked Milly, holding up the deck of Uno cards.

"Sure!" Milly said, blushing pink like a carnation. Even though she had gotten more comfortable with Elliot's presence since they met in the garden that day, she still couldn't help blushing.

They played a couple rounds of Uno. Elliot won a lot of them, and that was definitely because Elliot actually had skill and Milly wasn't just throwing the game because Elliot was REALLY adorable when he won. Elliot's mother had caught on to her scheme a couple of rounds ago and stopped playing to make breakfast for the two teenagers. The power had returned during the night so all of the kitchen appliances were working again.

"Milly, why don't you text your parents and ask them when they will pick you up. We don't have anything to do today so it's fine if you stay into the afternoon but I would imagine you would like to go home and get clean clothes on." Elliot's mother said.

Milly got out her phone and called her mother who was super relieved to hear that her daughter was all right.

"When can you get here to pick me up?" Milly asked her mom.

There was a couple seconds of silence before Milly's mom said "I have to work at the restaurant this morning. Would it be okay with them if you stayed until the afternoon when I'm able to pick you up?"

Milly smiled, excited that she was able to spend more time with her crush, "Yup, I'll see you in the afternoon."