Chapter 20

"You have frosting on your cheek!" Elliot exclaimed 20 minutes later after they both decorated the cake.

It was a small, two tiered red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate drizzled on top with sprinkles.

Milly was so proud of how well the cake turned out. It was so fun to bake with Elliot. He was like the perfect match for her. He was calm, cool, and collected while she was brave, outgoing, and super super cool. And it had helped baking the cake as well. Elliot would follow the recipe carefully and he knew how to measure the ingredients correctly. Milly was the one who mixed everything together, with her superior arm strength from playing the guitar, and ahem potentially beating Zoey up, but mostly playing the guitar.

The number of times Milly smiled while baking the cake with Elliot, might have been more than she had smiled in the past month, smirking obviously didn't count.

Elliot grabbed a cloth off of the counter, snapping Milly out of her thoughts.

"May I?" he asked her. She nodded, feeling her cheeks warming up, and a nervous bubble in her throat.

Elliot held her face and wiped the frosting off of her face. Their faces were so close together. If Milly stood on her tiptoes, not because she was short of course, she could kiss Elliot.

Elliot dropped his hand from her face and looked into her eyes. "Milly, I-" he hesitated and Milly could feel the adrenaline in her veins and the blood pounding in her ears.

"I like you!" he exclaimed, and immediately blushed right afterwards.

Milly gasped, she couldn't believe this was actually happening. "I like you too!" she exclaimed, just as suddenly as Elliot had.

She grinned and threw her arms around Elliot. She felt like squealing and the butterflies in her stomach became less of anxiety and more of pure joy.

"Can I?" Elliot asked, looking at her mouth. Milly nodded, but before he could kiss her, she kissed him. Pressing her mouth against his and making him lean backwards. They moved forwards and slipped on the baking materials. Milly landed on top of Elliot and they both, very out of the ordinary for Milly, giggled at what had happened.

It was official, this was the best day ever