Chapter 19

Two days later, it was Sunday. Milly and Elliot had since made plans to meet up and bake their cake. They were meeting up at Milly's house and each bringing half of the supplies. Milly, was in charge of the wet ingredients, and Elliot, was in charge of the dry ones. Milly had also picked up a cake box at the store to transport it to school on Monday.

She was currently waiting at the door for Elliot. Well not exactly at the door, she didn't want to be drooling over it, waiting for his arrival, but she was standing very very very close by. This crush would be the death of her.

The sound of a car snapped Milly's focus to the window. A utility van drove down the road.

Damn it, Milly thought to herself. Not Elliot.

Then a car pulled into her driveway and Elliot got out of the car carrying a bunch of supplies. Milly ran out the door and grabbed a couple of the bags from Elliot's hands.

"Hi Milly!" he said with a smile.

"Hi Elliot!" she replied as she felt her soul leave her body.

He gasped and she followed his eyes to see what caught his attention. It was her feet. Her bare feet. In winter.

"Oh no Milly! You go run inside. I can handle the groceries."

"But-" Milly tried to protest.

"Go!" he exclaimed, grabbing the bags from her hands and vaguely pointing with his elbow.

Milly frowned but did what he said. And her feet were cold, so maybe Elliot was right. On top of that he cared for her! He cared for her the way any decent human being would care for another, but he cared for her.

Butterflies erupted in Milly's stomach and she grinned.

"What are you smiling about?" Elliot asked gently as he nudged open the door with his foot. Milly rushed to help him and grabbed some of the bags yet again.

She shrugged and turned towards him, both of them carrying the ingredients for the cake that would save her friendship. "I guess I'm just excited that this is all going to turn out really well."

Elliot smiled and nudged her with his elbow. "I think it will too!"