Chapter 7

The rest of the week went by slowly, except for when she was practicing for band and texting with Elliot. Milly couldn't wait for the weekend, but as it drew closer she got more and more nervous. On Saturday, the day they arranged to meet Milly spent the whole first half of the day succumbing to her nerves. When she got nervous enough she finally called Hailey.

"Hello?" Hailey asked when she picked up.

"CO-SISTER-IN-LAW I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!" Milly shouted into the phone.

"Milly, what's wrong? Are you okay? What's a co-sister-in-law?" Hailey asked, confused.

"Can you come over heeere!!!!!"

Hailey was quiet for a second, "let me ask my dad."

A couple seconds later Hailey spoke on the phone again, "He says yes, I'll be over in a second."

About fifteen minutes later Hailey knocked on Milly's door.

"Hailey!" Milly exclaimed as she let Hailey in. "I need your help!"

"With what?" Hailey asked as Milly led her into her room.

"Elliot invited me over to his house and I don't know what to wear! And since all the boys simp for you, I thought you could help!"

"What?" Hailey exclaimed. "I don't think very many boys simp for me," she added shyly.

Milly considered this. "Well maybe not all boys, but one boy who is the biggest simp of all!"

The girl looked down and blushed.

"Can you please help me pick out an outfit!!!!!"

The teal haired girl smiled at her friend. "Okay, let me see what you have."

Thirty minutes later Hailey had picked out an outfit that both she and Milly liked. (It took a while to find something that they would both agree on.)

Milly swapped out her usual shorts for ripped jeans. She was wearing a black t-shirt with a horizontal pink stripe. Her jacket that she usually wore was tied around her waist.

"You look nice!" Hailey complimented Milly.

"Thanks!"

"Are you ready to see Elliot?"

Milly fiddled with her gloves. "I'm definitely nervous but I got this!"

Hailey smiled, "Goodluck!"

"Thanks!" Milly said, "I'm going to need it!"