CHAPTER 4

PENNY

The meeting lasted the entire afternoon. It turns out Senzo is the distinguisher of fires at this firm. He was off on site out of the country when I started here. Now he needs to go fix this balls up in Richard's Bay. Only difference is that he's taking me. The meeting is adjourned, but we are requested to stay behind to discuss the nitty gritties.
FD: Honestly Penny you are a great investment. As the financial director here, you have surpassed my expectations. At only 31...
Me: Sir you've just told everyone my age.
Him: It's just the 3 of us left in here. Buthelezi I'm sure you won't repeat what I've just said.
Senzo: My lips are sealed sir.
Boss: Now go home and pack. I'm expecting you on your a game you leave in the morning.
We enter the lift together and he's just looking at me. I'm worried about what to tell Tshepo. He's the one that goes away on business. His skill is sought after all over the world. Sometimes his patients are too ill to fly in so he goes to them. He stops the lift and I'm shocked.
Senzo: Don't look so worried. We are going to be ok. Whatever you need right now. Ngizokunika. You seem to be overthinking everything. Since the boss said you going out of town, you look overwhelmed. What do you need so that you can calm down?
Me: Just a hug. It's been a while since...
He doesn't let me finish but just grabs me and holds me tight. He's so close. I'm taken.
Me: People will end up thinking something is wrong with the lift.
Him: Let them wait. You need me right now.

With just a single hug. All my worries seem to be fading.

TSHEPO

I had to ply myself off that cosy bed. After her celebratory dancing Mpho thanked me with her mouth. Yoh that mouth. She had me taking out my platinum card and giving her the pin, the head was so great. I open the door and again Penny is in the kitchen, she has a radio on and she's dancing to TLC. She loves that group. I don't know how she does it. She would spend the day crushing all my ideas in boardroom, talking about budgets, but get home and cook me my favourite meal. I'm sure she's struggling to adjust to her new work environment, but when she gets home, it's all about my needs. What am I even thinking. She needs to move out.
I clear my throat, she turns and smiles. My is she beautiful.
Her: Baby you are home. Go freshen up. Dinner is almost ready.
I've already showered so I just change into shorts and a tee. The spread looks like Sunday lunch
Me: And then?
Her: Let's eat. We will talk after dinner.
Me: No, out with it.
Her: Well I've been given a major project but I will be out of town for a few weeks.
My inner man is doing jumping Jack's and burpees.
Me: Since when does a project accountant go see clients?
Her: Hawu sthandwa, since she's a CA that's enrolled to do her masters at Wits next year.
Me: Wow so you weren't gona tell me?
Her: You know we get busy, plus you are never available.
Me: Is that why you haven't given me children in 3 years?
She smiles.
Her: The children will come. We both got tested and were told we are fertile, it's just timing.
Me: No one plans when to have sex so they can fall pregnant.
Her: But in a woman's cycle there are safe days and baby making days. I know it's complicated.
Me: You just don't want my children.
Her: Andile, you never want to have sex with me. When we do, Lord knows if you even ejaculate. Now calm down and eat.
Me: Why did you call me Andile? I told you I don't use that name anymore. Get with the program, woman.
Her: My ovulation days are the ones marked green on the calender in your study, the gym and your closet. Good night Tshepo.

I'm a doctor so of course I know about ovulation. When she comes back from that trip of hers something will shock her.