CHAPTER 11

TSHEPO

I wake up, I know this room. I'm in ny parent's house. How did I get here? How long have I been here because I can feel stubble on my face. I have so many questions. I'd better find someone to fill in all the blanks. When I walk in my bathroom, I don't recognize the person I see in the mirror. What happened to me?
I'm ready to face the outside world so I walk out of my room, I follow the voices and find everyone sitting in the lounge. All my siblings and my parents. They see me and smile. Mama jumps up and gives me a hug.
Mama: You must be hungry Tshepo, let me get you something tp eat.
Me: Who is Tshepo?
Everyone stares at me. I can't read their faces.
Mama: Andile?
Me: Yebo ma, wubani u Tshepo?(Mah. Who is this Tshepo)
My mom just looks at me and wails.
Mama: Let me get you something to eat. What will you eat?
Me: umdoko ma
Her: Ok, I'll be right back.
After she has left I scan everyone's face.
Baba: Let's move to the study boys.
We follow him.
Baba: Ndodana, welcome back.
Me: What do you mean.
Baba: We lost you 3 years ago and I'm glad you are back. You stopped coming home. And when we finally tracked you down, you told us our Andile is dead and you were now Tshepo.
Me: Where is my wife?
Everyone just looks at me.
Me: Where is my Penny? Why is she not here?
Sbu: From what we gathered, you chased her out of the house and moved your sidechick in. We don't know how long ago.
Xolani: She is in hospital now. Has been there for almost 3 weeks.
I'm in tears now. My Penny is such a sensitive soul. How could I have been so heartless? I need her. I need to make things right.
Baba: You will be able to see her in 2 days. Now let's talk about your wayward ways, that put us in this predicament.
Me: What do you mean baba?
Baba: You slept with the wrong one son. She went to the best nyanga for you and chased your wife out of the house.
Me: Mpho did this?
Baba: Oh you remember her name. What did I teach you about straying for your wives?
Me: I'm sorry baba. She was my side for a long time.
Baba: Your side. Mameshana.
Sbu: Well, Mr Side piece, we found your sperm all over Gauteng, she wants your baby, with or without your help.
Me: I always used protection with her.
Sbu: Awungizwanga kahle.(You didn't hear me properly) I said with or without you. She drained your swimmers and froze them.
Me: She did what?
Xolani: Well we managed to track all of them down and burn them.
Me: Who does that??? That bitch.

I can't muss the disappointment on my father's face. Mpho was the first woman I strayed with. I was just unhappy. Bhuti brings me back to my senses.
Sbu: Everything is sorted. But please be careful of that one. She's out to destroy you.
Me: Ngiyabonga boMvelase. I bet you, they didn't count on ubaba having the best healer in the world.

I spend the 2 days with my family devicing a plan to get my wife back.