CHAPTER 9

SENZO

Pregnant!!! My head is spinning as I drive out the hospital. Penny is pregnant. Thandi is pregnant. Yoh. I've heard this before, a man making different women pregnant at the same time. Ngiyingakara strong.

I hurry to my complex and park in my driveway, I find my parents waiting for me on the couch
Me: Sanibonani bantu abadala.
Mom: Evening son
Dad: Yebo Junior
Mom: We've been waiting for a few hours and we are leaving, so I'll get to the point.
Me: Mom it's almost midnight. Can't you sleep over?
Mom: No. We don't want to stress umakoti in her state.
Me: She's still here?
Mom: Usho ukuthini ngoba uhlala la nje.(What do you mean? She lives here, doesn't she)
Me: Kusukela nini?(Since when?) Please take her back to where she comes from.
Mom: Senzo stop this nonsense now!!! Babakhe why are you quiet?
Dad: Let's go. This boy uyeyisa(is disrespectful)
I watch them walk out. I don't even know why they were here.

I walk slowly walk to my room. I know what is waiting for me upstairs. Thandi. A pregnant Thandi. I open the door and she jumps up and covers herself with a blanket. WHOAH!! That reaction freaked me out. She starts crying. Hayibo. From bad to worse.

Thandi: Senzo...
Thandi: Senzo, please don't chase me out. I know I was rude to your girlfriend earlier. But please.
I look at her properly. She has lost weight. Her skin is darker. Aren't pregnant people supposed to gain weight?? Aren't they supposed to glow???

Me: Thandi what is going on?
Seeing her this weak doesn't sit right with me.
Me: Thandi ubuyaphi?(Where do you come from) Is that my baby?
She just falls to the ground.
Noooo!!! I pick her up and rush her to the hospital. I'm back here. Same shift, so the nurses are confused.

This has to be the longest and worst day of my life. I'm pacing down the hallway, again!!! The doctor walks to me.
Doctor: Thandi Buthelezi
Me: Yes
Doctor: She will be fine. Just suffering from dehydration. I've put her on a drip, should be ready to go home in a day or 2. Follow me, you can see her.
What a mouthful, I follow the doctor and wait by the door, watching her. How the hell did we get here. She opens her eyes and sees me. I can see her starting to tear up again. DAMNIT
Me: Please don't.
Her: I'm sorry
Me: Not now ok. There's plenty of time to get into all that. Let's just get you better.
Her: Senzo
I open my arms and she dives in for a hug. She feels so skinny. I like my girls thick, like Penny. Oh that girl is fine. Her thick juicy lips, big eyes. Her round butt, thick pussy. Oh it's warm in there. My world felt so complete....But I pushed too hard. I just wanted her all to myself. I hope my baby is ok. Even if it's not my seed. She is my heart, therefore that baby is mine.....

I'm brought back to the present by slight snoring. I have to nurse this one back to health. I wonder what her story is. I laid her back on the pillow and drove home. Stripped and got into bed.

I was woken up by my alarm. I didn't think I'd be able to work, but I have important meetings with clients. I'm done by 12 and go straight to hospital. Thandi doesn't want anyone to know she's here. She's discharged by Sunday and I drive her to my place. We haven't spoken about anything substantial. She's 7 months pregnant so the baby could be mine. But I won't pry. I asked Sybil to prepare the guest room and wash all her clothes. I fetched them from storage. She also shopped for some maternity wear and toiletries. We remembered what she prefers.

Thandi: You have really moved on?
Me: Can we not talk about it.
Thandi: But I need to know.
Me: Not now. Just focus on getting better. That baby needs a fighting chance.
Thandi: Please
Me: I've given Sybil your dietary requirements. Please don't give her a hard time.
Her: But baby
Me: Look, if you don't let this go, I will book you into a hotel, or better yet, ship you off to the parents.
That worked. She zipped her mouth. She divorced me a long time ago, apparently I am overbearing and boring. I give too much attention. She wanted her freedom, but still carry my name. So she would leave for a few weeks and come back. This has been the longest she was away. I thought she wasn't coming back. This time she comes back with a bun that could be mine.