Epilogue

CHAPTER 20

ANDILE 

Dr: Andy there's no use prolonging your wife's agony. I suggest we go in there and take out your soldiers. Do we induce or c-section.

Andile: She's been indifferent, but I want my haven untouched. Cut please. I will take care of her afterwards.

Dr: Good, lets discuss with her and get permission. You my friend; but it's her body.

We leave Raabia's office for my wife's ward or should I say second home. She's been here so many times in her last trimester. She's now 38 weeks along and her doctor is happy with the gestation.

Doctor: Mrs Zikalala it's time for those babies to come out.

Penny: Yes please. 

Doctor: Because it's twins, I don't want any surprises I prefer the operation. I know we've had this talk before and I told you to do your homework.

Her: Yes, I'll go with the op. 

I smile on my own. 

We go out and finalize the paperwork and wait for the hour.

The op was done and it was a success. My babies look just like my dad. Ok I look like my dad, but these boys are him. Penny is still out, but I'm in the ward with my boys, watching this miracle in front of me. She opens her eyes.

Me: My queen.

Penny: Hi. Ndile bakuphi. (Where are they?)

Me: Naba(Here they are.)

Her tears just overwhelm her. I place the first one on her left arm and the 2nd on her right. 

Her: They look like you. Exactly like your baby pictures.

Me: I see my dad in them.

She smiles

Her: Baby you are your dad's copy.

I get emotional. 

Me: I don't know how my dad will react. They will remind him of his long lost half.

Her: We have returned him to his people.

I smile at that thought.

Just then the door opens and my parents walk in. As we thought my dad can't believe his eyes.

Me: Baba, please meet Moses and Peter Zikalala. Sicela usiphe amagama esintu.

He watches them squirm and cry and points.

Him: This fighter is Moses, Akhona Moses Zikalala. The quiet one is Aphiwe Peter Zikalala.

{ Can you believe the names}
{ Cringe}
😂😂😂😂

PENNY

We spent 8 weeks with my inlaws. The first 4 we were at the homestead and the last 4, back at my house with the Zikalala clan. These boys are awake every 3 hours, round the clock. My sleep patterns have been janky. 

I haven't seen my husband naked in over 3 months. I'm struggling. But I know he has definitely developed blue balls. I have a surprise for him today, I'm going to get my man. I left the boys with my mamazala.

ANDILE

After the long surgery I just wana get home. I go to my office, shower and go casual. When I step out of my bathroom, there's a suitcover on my desk, with a note. 

WEAR ME AND COME TO THE EXIT

P

I change quickly. Beidge linen. Honestly when I saw all this I was expecting a tux. But my baby is not regular. I find a limo waiting for me at the exit. The driver is standing outside the door with a name board. I get in and I'm driven to a secluded resort just outside the city. The ranger drives me deeper in the wilderness and we get to a rustic cottage. It's autumn so it's a bit chilly in the evening. A bit of smoke is escaping the chimney. 

Ranger: Cell reception is zero in these parts. You have all the food and drink. I will fetch you in 2 days. 

With that said he leaves. 

I open the door and my baby has fallen asleep in front of the fire place. She is wearing a red chiffon dress ok top. My yellow thighs are on display. Damn. She is so sexy. And she is all mine. I put on my ipod and connect it to the spesker. John Legend comes on. I want her to hear this song. It's been playing in my head since I woke up in my room at my parents house:

Ran into you yesterday

Memories rushed through my brain

It's starting to hit me

Now you're not with me

I realize I made a mistake

I thought that I needed some space

But I just let love go to waste

It's so crystal clear now

That I need you here now

I gotta get you back today

This time I want it all

Showing you all the cards

Giving you all my heart

This time I'll take the chance

This time I'll be your man

I can be all you need

This time it's all of me

THE END