CHAPTER 6

PENNY

I watch Senzo go into the uber and drive off. I told him Tshepo was coming to pick me up. But who am I kidding? I haven't been able to reach him in 3 weeks. I get into my uber and head home. I make him stop 2 houses down and pay him. Something tells me to leave my luggage right on the curb and walk towards the gate. I thought he would have changed the gate code but he didn't. I punch it in and walk towards the house and can hear Anita Baker blasting the speakers. I hate her, he loves her. I guess he's enjoying being by himself. A loud giggle comes through and startles me. I look through the window and there's a lady in red lingerie standing in front of him. The hell. I open the door and stand there frozen. Mr spots me first.
Tshepo: My wife
Me: Sawubona.
The lady giggles and walks up the stairs. I just smile because wow this man. I turn to look back at him.
Him: I told you not to go.
Me: Huh?
Him: I told you to stay or else.
I shrug my shoulders.
Him: Hamba ke you are not welcome here.
I nod and walk out.

I'm truly surprised to see my cab never left.
Driver: It didn't feel right just leave you. Where do I take you?
I direct him to a hotel close by in Brynston. Nothing fancy, just City Lodge. I can afford this until I get my own place.
Me: Please wait here while I check in.
Him: Sure sister.
When I'm done he helps me with my luggage and leaves. I wanted to call Senzo but he already knows too much about me and I know nothing about him.
Oh how my life has changed. I smile because honestly who would have known. My safe haven. That man was my first love. I wish I knew what happened to lead us here. A great love gone. I pop a sleeping pill. I don't think I will sleep.

I walk into the office on top of the world. Everyone is still congratulating me on the great work we did eMthunzini. I just want to hide atleast Senzo is off somewhere again. A few weeks pass and I'm used to hotel living. It's actually not so bad.
.
.

Tracy: You seem far away again. What's up?
Me: Nothing
Her: I just found you and a certain Mr Buthelezi got very close on site. Why didn't you tell me?
Me: I don't know what you are talking about.
Her: He's a great catch. Better than that man of yours. You know he doesn't love you right? Never has actually. Even in varsity when you were floating on cloud nine, he was fvcking everyone.
Me: TRACY STOP! Andile never cheated on me in school. You have always been jealous. Always felt he should've wanted you because you are thin and pretty. But no. He wanted the big girl. He loves me.
T: I don't know why I bother with you. He would've fcvked me if you didn't make him feel sorry for you with your soppy I'm an orphan stories. Senzo is supposed to be mine now and yet here he is coming after you too.
I scream and rush out to my car. Our relationship has always blown hot and cold. This is the first time she's saying all this to me. Kanti what is happening.
My phone rings and it's Senzo.
Him: You busy?
Me: No.
Him: I will send you an address. Come now.
Atleast he's back in town.

I arrive at a beautiful complex. He's sent me a code with the address so I just drive through and find him standing next to his car. As I park he walks into the house, I follow him in slowly. He's on me immediately I close the door. We are now naked on the couch and my head is on his chest. That was hot.
Senzo: You are mine. Mine alone.
He turns us over and impales me going in too deep. I move back.
Him: Buya. Uyaphi?( Where are you going)
He is thrusting too deep.
Me: Uyangilimaza(you're hurting me)
Him: Say you're mine.
Me: Senzo stop.
Him: You're all mine.
He starts going so fast.
Him: Say it baby. Say it.
Me: I'm yours
Him: Yeees
That seems to have done the trick because he pulls out.
Him: I'm giving you a week to leave that fool you call your husband. You are mine now.
Me: What?
Him: 1 week. Tick tock.
He gets up going to the kitchen.

I jump up, put on my dress, grab the rest of my things from the floor and run out. I drive back to the hotel. I'm so confused. I've lost everyone. Everyone.

Since my parents died I value my interactions with people more than any of my achievements. I don't care about the millions I've invested. Or the zeros in my bank account. I don't care about designer clothes. I could start over my career a hundred times if I could keep love around me. I'm so hurt. I arrive at my hotel and crawl under the blankets.