Chapter 18: Finals Part 1

Once I finish this book I'm going to go back through and make things make sense. So for now just try not to think too hard about it.

For the other teams it's basically going to be random people and possibly OCs. Also...... I'm to deep in the voltron fandom, sorry not sorry for adding them in here lol

I'm writing this in a cabin with no internet lmao, it's cold and I can see my breath. I feel like Todoroki when he does that ice breath thing. Am I sexy yet lmao

I sat in front of my suitcase tossing in everything I'd need for the trip to New York. Will had texted us the list of everything we'd need, including dressy clothes for this fancy party they would hold. It seemed a little extreme for a cheer competition, but hey, free food.

The first day, Friday, would be the day everyone arrived in New York, and we'd get time to settle and maybe look around. All the cheerleaders were staying in the same hotel, so mingling was encouraged. Talking with people didn't seem like fun, but Will would probably chat with the other captains. The fancy mingle party was also being held that night. Saturday was when the competitions happened. Sunday we go home, and if all goes well, we celebrate.

I zipped my suitcase up and crawled into bed. My phone buzzed every 0.2 seconds with everyone blowing up the cheer chat. I muted it, not wanting to think about it until tomorrow. I hated to admit it, but I was nervous. Disgusting. Tomorrow I would have to get up early, so I shut my eyes, hoping for a good night's sleep.

***

Hazel didn't have to wake me in the morning, because a dumb bird chirped outside my window.

New York. The only time I ever leave the state is when we visit my grandma in Italy every summer. I had never been anywhere else, same with Hazel.

Speaking of which, Hazel had 2 bags by the door and a backpack on her. She was already ready to go where I had just crawled out of bed.

"Hurry up Nico! We need to leave in 10 minutes!"

I grabbed my clothes I had picked out. I've been really obsessed with E-Girl kind of clothes, so the outfit was striped knee socks, a black skirt, and a cropped hoodie. Since finding a secure friend group, joining the cheer team, and dating Will, I found myself having a bit more confidence in myself.

I struggled to get ready in the short amount of time, hastily brushing my hair and applying a little bit of make-up. I stumbled down the stairs with my bags.

"Okay I'm ready," I said.

Persephone popped out of the kitchen, "Bye kids! Have a nice time!" Persephone then narrowed her eyes with a sus look, "And no being alone with you boyfriends."

Hazel's eyes widened, "We're not going to do anything!"

"Are you sure? I just want you all to be safe."

"Yes, Persephone, there's no need to worry," Hazel assured her.

Persephone looked at me, "And you?"
I smirked and shrugged, "Maybe."

"Nico di Angelo," she sighed, shaking her head.

I laughed and Hazel and I left the house.

After meeting at the school then taking the bus in the airport, we boarded the plane to New York. I sat next to the window, Will sat next to me, and then Kayla was on his other side. It wasn't my first flight and wouldn't be my last (hopefully) so it was really nothing exciting. It wasn't Will's first flight either, but he still bounced on the balls of his feet as we waited in line.