Chapter 2: OMG

Will's POV

              I sat next to Kayla and Cecil at the cheerleader table. I mindlessly tapped the table with my fingers, until Kayla reached out and put her hand on top of mine. 

"Stop it," she said. 

"Sorry," I replied, not really sorry. 

   I stared across the cafeteria to where Nico was sitting with his friends. Nico sat with all the cool kids. Everyone called them 'The Seven', but there was also Reyna and now Nico 

"So, who's the guy you like?" Cecil asked, snapping him out of his trance. 

"Huh?" I said, turning pink. 

"You know, the one you've been staring at this whole time," he added heplfully.  

A few of the other cheerleaders giggled. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied. 

Kayla looked over at the Seven's table. "Oh, is it that new girl?" Kayla asked. 

"He's a boy," I said immediately, then realized what Kayla had done,"Hey!"

 "You said it not me," she grinned 

Lou Ellen, who sat in front of me turned around to look at Nico. "Aw, he's cute! You should ask him out," she said. 

"Wah? What if he says no?" I squeaked. 

Austin shrugged. "You won't know what he'll say until you ask him," he said. 

I sighed, and watched The Seven wave their hands at Nico, shooing him away. Nico rolled his eyes, and began walking away from them... and towards me. 

"OMGS he's coming this way!!!" I squealed. 

"Oh my gods Will," Kayla laughed. 

Nico stopped in front of me, brushing a piece of his black hair that had fallen in front of his doe eyes. "Hey Will, I was wondering if you didn't already have a partner, if you wanted to be my partner for the Science project...?" Nico sorta asked.  (why does that remind me of that one vine)

"Sure. I'd love to," I said, hoping it didn't sound to desperate. 

Nico gave me the cutest smile I'd ever seen. "Great! Here, give me your phone, and I'll put my number in it," he said, holding out his hand. 

I handed him hmy phone, and Nico put his number in. I looked at the contact and smiled. 

"Di Angelo? That's like, Italian right?" I asked. 

Nico nodded, "Ya. That's where I'm from," he replied. 

"Oh, that's your accent," I said. 

Nico cocked his head,"Accent? I don't have an accent."   

"Yes you do. A light accent, but it's still there," I giggled. 

"You have an accent too. An American accent," Nico pointed out.

 "He has a southern accent," Lou Ellen butt in.

"Ha. I should get back to my friends, but I'll text you later," Nico said.

 He waved goodbye, then walked away. I sighed dreamily. 

"You guys, he talked to me! He asked for my number!" I giggled. 

"Text him," Kayla said. 

"What should I say?" Will asked, opening up Nico's contact.

 "Umm, say, 'you want to come over to my house after school to work on the project?'" Lou Ellen stated obviously. 

"Oh. Okay!" I exclaimed. 

I typed it in and sent it. Across the cafeteria, I watched Nico look at his phone, and smile. He looked up and me, then back down to his phone. Nico had said 'Sure.' 

 "Yay! He said yes! Omg, I just realized something. What if he's not gay?" Will gasped. 

Everyone rolled their eyes.

 "Are you kidding? Please tell me your kidding," Austin said. 

I shook my head, "I'm serious guys."    

Cecil patted my arm, "Dude. He's wearing a dress shorter than the girl's uniform. I think he's gay." 

 I frowned, "That's so rude you guys. You can't assume stuff like that."

"Okay whatever. Ask him then," Austin said. 

I huffed, crossing my arms, "Fine, I will."

A/N: Oh yes queens, that title freaking suuucked. Hey look you guys! I made a point that u can't assume someone's sexuality based on what they look like! I mean, Nico is gay... but you know that's okay. I was going to make it like a joke, and then I realized how messed up that is, I mean, I hate it when people assume my sexuality. Because stupid people at my old school's thought process was like, "Well, we know she has a crush on a guy.. But omgs, she just hugged her bff (who is a girl 2) that means she's lesbian!" I'm just like.. What. no. Nobody knew i was bi until I told them. It was pathetic. It's like they forget that's even a sexuality. SoOoOoOoOoO..... yea. I just realized it sounded like I have a crush on my BFF... no. Jessica, you are wonderful and beautiful, (and I almost kissed you that one time) but no. 

~Lilly ;)

It's me from the future. They were right. I'm a lesbian...

edited 4/15/20