Chapter 8: We goin' to McDonalds?

Will and I went on a date the next week. We went and saw a movie, and then got doughnuts from Voodoo doughnuts. We were walking through on the side walk, eating the doughnuts and holding hands, when I noticed a lady glare at us. She was holding the hand of a little kid, and when he looked up at us in wonder, she put her hand over his eyes. I felt my face turn red, and Will squeezed my hand tighter. As they walked away behind us, I heard the little kid say, "What was that mommy?"

"Sinners. They won't get into heaven because of their actions." she replied.

I bit my lip and let go of Will's hand. He looked at me, his face full of concern.

"Are you okay Nico? Don't listen to her." he said.

I shook my head. "I'm fine. My hand was, uh, getting hot." I lied.

Will took my hand again. "Not true. You and your hands are always cold," he said, "That's why you have me. To warm you up."

I leaned into him and smiled slightly. He always knows how to make me feel better.

After awhile we began to feel hungry, because that's how the human body works.

"There's a pizza place down by Voodoo." Will suggested.

"Oh yeah. Sizzle Pie." I recalled.

We turned back around and walked there. It was late September, and the weather was already beginning to feel chillier. It wasn't that cold, but Will was literally shaking.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, only a little concerned about his dramatic ass.

"I'm dying Nico. Remember me..." his voice trailed off.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop it. It's, like 60 degrees."

"Freezing!" he cried.

"No," I said.

We finally arrived, and when we stepped inside Will made a big show of blowing on his hands and rubbing them together.
"Stop. You're embarrassing me." I said only half jokingly.
After ordering a pizza, we went and sat in the back of the restaurant. There were huge windows on the walls, ideal for people watching.

"People watching is my favorite sport." Will said, watching a lady in a bright orange dress walk by.

"You are literally cheer captain, what even." I pointed out.

"Ya, but like, cheer leading comes right after." he replied.

A girl and a guy walked by hand in hand, and two other guys trailed behind them. They looked oddly familiar...

"Ugh, Titans." Will groaned.

They came into the restaurant, and now in clearer light I remembered them. The girl was the one who had made fun of Lou Ellen, the guy with her was Luke, I think the cheer captain for their team, and then the other two guys were his friends. I hadn't caught their names though.
"What are the two dudes names?" I asked Will.

"The blonde is Octavian. The black hair one is Ethan. Ethan and Luke used to be on our team, but then he left for the Titans, taking Ethan with him. Luke became the leader of their group, and started dating Kelly. He was actually with Annabeth at the time, just cheating on her. But we saw them together, so they broke up." Will explained to me.

"Oh snap." was all I could manage.

Luke looked around, and then glanced at us. I accidently made eye contact, and had the most awkward few seconds of my life.

"Oh no we've been spotted." I whispered.

"Don't worry. If we aren't in uniform they usually ignore us." Will said.

I guess today they didn't feel like following their usual rules today. After they ordered, they all stomped up to us.

"Stop it!" Luke shrieked.

"Stop what?" Will asked, genuinely confused.
"Taking all our Titan hangout spots and turning it into a Gods hangout spot!" Kelly huffed, crossing her arms.

"Um, we aren't, we are on a date. We don't care if you hang out here. Gods." I snapped.

Luke blinked a couple times, a little stunned.

"A date? You two are dating?" Ethan asked.

"Yes! Why do you care?" I exclaimed, annoyed by their questions.

"You are giving in to the steriyotype that male cheerleaders are gay!" Octavian said.

"But we are gay." Will said slowly, as if talking to a toddler.

"Whatever. Let's go guys." Luke said, shutting down the conversation.

They all turned and walked to a table in the front.

"What's wrong with them?" I grumbled.

"I honestly don't know. I think Octavian and Ethan are actually gay, but them are both dating one of the triplets. Maybe they're bi or something, I dunno." Will said.

"How do you know all the tea?" I asked in amazement.

He shrugged. "It's a talent."

this was a shit chapter.