Chapter 30: Sandwiches, The Only Clubs I'm Into

Scott was the last person to take Guinevere on a first date. It was Saturday night and he tapped on her window, making her jump and drop her pencil she was using to work on her math homework with. She turned to see Scott's grinning face through the window and he waved at her cheerfully. She sighed and gave him a playful glare as she stood up and walked over to her window, lifting her window open.

"Hi, Scott."

"Hi, Guinevere." He grinned as he perched on her frame.

"You know the door is open, right?"

"I have a bad history with girlfriends dads who own guns."

"Great way to start off this conversation." Guinevere nodded. Scott sighed and gave an awkward smile as he looked down. "I'm kidding. Talk about whatever you want." She assured. "Maybe start with why you're on my roof though."

"Date night." Scott told her with a smile.

"Oo." Guinevere said with excitement. "What do I wear? Where are we going?" She turned to look through her closet.

"I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie so pick what you want."

"I'm liking the freedom here." Guinevere said as she grabbed a pair of black jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt, disappearing into her bathroom to get changed. "Do I get to know where we're going?"

"Dinner."

"I like it." Guinevere called, making Scott smile as he looked around her room. The last time he had seen it, she had everything in boxes and they were painting the walls. Now, her walls were all done (the Michelangelo hands included) and there were posters hanging up on the wall her bed was pressed against, the other walls had framed artwork or pictures stuck to them. "What kind of dinner are we getting?" She asked as she walked out of he bathroom, tying up half of her hair as she walked.

"Sandwiches?" Scott answered, making it sound like a question so they could change their plans if she wasn't down.

"I love sandwiches." She grinned, grabbing a pair of clunky looking shoes from her closet.

"They do seem to be the superior food group."

"I agree whole heartedly but I do want to know your other food groups." She told him with a smile as she slid on a denim jacket, going from cozy looking pajama girl who looked like she just wanted to be cuddled to date night casual girl who looked like she was ready to do anything in a matter of minutes.

"Well, there's pizza," Guinevere nodded her agreement as she walked closer to the window, "and fast food," a smile was slowly stretching over her face as she got closer, "and sea food, and breakfast food." He finished, talking softly now as she squatted down in front of her window so they were face to face. Her lips were turned up in an amused smile, Scott noticed.

"Breakfast food covers a lot of ground." She said, voice at the same volume his had been as he trailed off.

"We can talk about it on the way to dinner." He suggested, smiling up at her. "I'm going to jump off your roof now. I assume you'll be using the front door?"

"Good assumption." She grinned. "I'll be out in a minute, I have to go lie to my dad." Scott smiled and turned around, jumping from her roof as Guinevere grabbed her phone and headed out of her room. "Dad!"

"Kitchen!" He called back, making her pound down the stairs gracelessly as she rounded the bottom of the stair case and clunked into the kitchen. Her dad glanced up and noticed her change of attire. "Going out?"

"Yep. Malia and I are going to a movie and we'll probably get some food too."

"Curfew is midnight and I want your location on."