Chapter 33: "You Argue Like A Child." I'm Still A Minor!

Guinevere had to stay in the hospital for a week. It took a week for her fever to go down and in that week, she had every test imaginable done, leaving her exhausted and drained every time the pack was there. Stiles and Lydia kept her updated on her classes and work, Scott got her the good Jell-O from the cafeteria and all the best nurses when his mom wasn't working, Claire would tell Guinevere all about her condition and what they were watching for in the tests that were done, Malia would watch and listen to Claire in confusion which amused Guinevere greatly, Jordan dropped by after his shifts to check in and tell her about his day, Derek and Isaac dropped by every once in a while but they didn't stay for long since they didn't like hospitals. They usually brought Liam and Mason with them and the two would spend a couple hours in her room, asking her for help on their homework and trash talking the bad TV shows she was stuck with. 

Dallas called her every day, out of the hospital now himself but still going through physical therapy so he wasn't back on the job yet. Sometimes, when he called late, Drayton would join the conversation and Guinevere would chase him away with alien talk, amusing herself for a few minutes. 

She got out of the hospital a week before her cousin's wedding and decided that she was going to be at home as little as possible. Being at home meant a hovering mother who was also ready to throw hands if they couldn't agree on a dress for Guinevere to wear to the wedding. So to avoid that, she stayed with the pack as much as she could, getting a ridiculous amount of cuddles and attention from everyone as she hung out with them. She was put in Ethan and Mason's care when the pack had to deal with a villain or negotiate with another supernatural moving into town and they spent their nights together watching Magic Mike and making cookies as they ogled Channing Tatum.

It was on one of these nights, while the pack was welcoming a family of druids, that Ethan became a traitor and Guinevere screamed at him for his betrayal. 

"Hey buddy." Guinevere greeted happily as she let herself into Jackson and Ethan's apartment. "Where's Mason?"

"He had a date with Corey tonight so he ditched us." Ethan explained as he slid a tray into the oven, the apartment already smelling delicious. 

"Lame." Guinevere pouted for all of five seconds, Corey was too loveable to stay mad at him for long. "What's this?" She asked as she dropped her purse onto a cushion and looked at the two garment bags laying over the back of the couch. 

"Don't be mad," Ethan started as he dusted his hands off, Guinevere starting to unzip one of the bags and recognizing the dress from all the times her mother had tried to force it on her.

"No. No, no, no, no, no, no." Guinevere shook her head as she backed away from the bags. 

"Your mom brought them over and asked me to help you pick one." Ethan tried to calm her down. 

"You're on her side?!" 

"I'm not on anybody's side! I'm just trying to help."

"By forcing me into a torturous item of clothing?! I don't think so!"

"It's not torturous, it's just a corset."

"Spoken like someone who doesn't have to wear it!"

"Guin, can't you just try-"

"No! No, I can't just try it on or just try to see things her way because I can't see things her way and I don't want to try it on!" Guinevere stamped her foot. 

"Guin-"

"And what kind of wedding has a Royal theme anyway when it's not a royal wedding?!" Guinevere yelled in frustration, on a roll now. "It's stupid! Half of the guests are going to show up with fucking swords, looking like god damn pirates! And then the bride is going to get all upset because literally everyone is going to look better than her and the men will start playing with their swords and someone is going to end up in the hospital! The dresses are going to be too hot inside and too cold outside and they're heavy and torturous and painful and impractical! It's a stupid wedding theme! Who has a theme for their wedding anyways outside of the colors?!" Guinevere stopped to breathe. 

"Are you finished?" Ethan asked gently, smiling a little bit. 

"Stop mocking me." Guinevere pouted as she flopped down into the armchair. 

"I'm not mocking." Ethan said kindly as he moved closer to her, sitting on the edge of the coffee table and leaning closer. "Your mom asked me to help convince you to wear one."

"Traitor." Guinevere mumbled, arms crossed as she pouted and refused to look at him. 

"If it helps, only one of them has a corset." She huffed. "Also, the pack is kind of looking forward to seeing you in the dress." Guinevere hesitated, eyeing Ethan a bit. 

"Really?"

"Really." He promised. "It'll be like one of those movie scenes where the girl comes out in the beautiful dress and seven jaws drop," she laughed a bit, "you know the one?" Ethan teased. "Lydia won't ask but she kind of wants to do your hair and Erica has been looking at make up looks like it's her job." 

"Seriously?" Guinevere asked, finally looking Ethan in the eyes.

"Would I lie to you?" He asked her softly. She hesitated and then squinted skeptically at him, making him laugh and swat at her leg. "Stop it." She finally cracked a smile. "Now try on a dress and come show it off because dinner is going to be ready soon and it's your turn to pick the movie tonight." He said as he pat her knee and stood up, heading back towards the kitchen. Guinevere whined and grumbled but she grabbed one of the bags and headed into the master bedroom, the bathroom too small for the dresses.