Chapter 1 - The Cute Boy Across the Street (Prolouge)

- Chapter 1 - The Blonde Boy Next Door -
Warnings: None (cover ^)
Third Person POV

Albert sat on the couch when he heard something.

He quickly looks outside.

There he was.

The blonde boy Albert saw almost everyday he came to his boyfriend's house.

Albert's eyes light up. "Spot!" He calls to his boyfriend, who was in the kitchen, grabbing snacks.

"Hmm?" Spot focuses on cutting the fruit and not his fingers.

"Come here!" Albert exclaims. "It's him! The boy I keep telling you about." He tells him.

"One second, I'm cutting food." Spot responds, placing the knife in the sink.

Albert watches the blonde boy take the trash bin to the end of the street.

His flannel was tied around his waist, his pants going to the middle of his shins where they met his blue and green socks, and his undershirt stopping at his neck, so it was showing his shoulders.

(*gasp* scandalous, Race! How dare you!
I know! I've been feeling so daring recently!)

Albert smiles when he sees the blonde boy brush his dirty blonde curls out of his face with his elbow.

Spot walks back into the room, with a plate of snacks, as the boy enters his backyard.

He looks out the window. "Where is he?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

Albert chuckles softly. "You always miss him." He states, picking up a piece of a strawberry and flipping it into his mouth. "I'm not sure how you do it." He giggles softly while chewing.

Spot rolls his eyes, sitting down on the couch. "I'm starting to think he's not real." He mutters.

Albert swallows. "I mean, he's is perfect enough that he might not be." He jokes, nudging Spot with his elbow.

Spot rolls his eyes again.

"But no," the redhead looks back out the window, trying to catch one more glimpse of the boy. "He's definitely real." He whispers.

Spot puts his arm around Albert. "I'm sure we'll meet him one day." He responds, gently taking Albert's hand and enlacing their fingers.

Albert looks down at their hands, smiling.

Characters -

Antonio 'Racetrack' Higgins -