Chapter 23 - Peek-a-boo with a Puppy

- Chapter 23 - Tucker = Race / Parker = Elmer -
Warnings: Cuteness
Third Person POV

Race sat at the island in the kitchen, sitting on a stool that were by the island.

He was just eating cereal and looking at his phone, Tucker asleep in his lap.

He heard people walk in.

"Ugh, you cereal killer." Race heard Albert scoff judgementally.

Race rolls his eyes, not looking away from his phone. "Why have you come and disrupted my peace?" He questions quietly.

Albert and Spot chuckle, sitting on either side of Race, on the other two stools.

Hannah stands on the other side of the island, chuckling softly.

"We heard you got a puppy and wanted to know if you wanted an escort to the park." Spot answers with a soft laugh.

Race looks at him. "You know others aren't supposed to join until after Elmer and I's hour is up, right?" He asks.

Spot nods.

"Where is the puppy?" Hannah asks curiously, looking at her feet.

Race leans back.

Tucker's head pops up from under the island, him laying it on the island top.

Hannah, Spot, and Albert chuckle.

"He fits in perfectly already." Spot comments.

"And he's been attached to Race since they met." Hannah adds, grabbing two mugs.

She looks at Albert and Spot. "Tea, boys?" She asks, holding up the packets of tea.

Albert and Spot politely decline.

Race stares at them. "You heathens, declining tea for coffee," he sticks his tongue out in disgust.

Tucker sticks his tongue out.

Albert and Spot chuckle.

"They've become one already." Albert tells Spot, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

Race looks down at Tucker as Tucker looks up at him.

Race purses his lips. "So, maybe this dog has affected me more than I thought," he starts playing with Tucker's fur again. "I don't think he's left my side unless I've had to go to the bathroom."

Hannah chuckles, placing a mug of tea in front of Race. "That's a good thing. It means you guys like each other," she informs him.

Race nods, picking up his tea and thanking her for it.

Hannah smiles. "I love having a foster son who likes tea." She whispers as she leaves the room.

Race, Albert, and Spot share looks, before they laugh together.

Race looks down at Tucker again. "He's perfect," he whispers with a soft smile.