Chapter 27 - The DaSilva Family (Aka, That's a lot of Redheads)

- Chapter 27 - "I'm the One Who Kills Spider's in this Relationship!" -
Warnings: This chapter isn't great (slight mentions of nerves.)
Third Person POV

Albert walks with Race and Spot to his step-mother's new house.

She had recently moved with his brothers to Manhattan, about twenty minutes from Race and Spot's houses.

Spot held Albert's left hand, rubbing circles into the palm of his hand to calm him down.

Race held his other hand, both of them occasionally squeezing each other's hands because both of them were nervous.

Albert was definitely more nervous than Race, though Race still hated meeting adults.

Albert had recently been invited to meet his step-mom and brothers, since he'd be moving in with them soon, along with his grandmother, who was slowly passing away.

Albert's heart rate sped up when they got to the house.

Spot presses a soft kiss to his cheek. "You're gonna be okay, Albie." He whispers assuringly. "We're here with you."

Albert nods.

Race doesn't say anything.

Spot knocks on the door to the house.

The door opens, revealing a redheaded woman with bright green eyes, a warm smile, very pale skin, and a green twirly dress that went down to her knees.

She beams. "Albert?" She asks.

Albert nods.

"Welcome boys," Albert's step mom, Autumn, greets. "Come in, come in." She ushers them inside.

The three boys share looks, Spot smiling softly, as they step into the living room.

Autumn shuts the door. "I just made tea, would you like some?" She asks, the smile never leaving her face.

"Oh my God, Albert." Race stares at her. "She's great."

The other three people in the room chuckle.

"Spot and I don't like tea, but Race does." Albert informs her politely.

"Ugh, what is wrong with you people?" A redheaded boy jokes, leaning against the doorway of the hallway and the living room with a smile.

"I know right." Race responds. "They're such Heathens."

The boy laughs. "I'm Jameson (17)." He informs them.

Albert looks over at him, smiling softly. "Hey, James." He greets.

Jameson smiles. "Hey, Al." He greets. "I missed you."

Albert nods.

Albert's step mother looks at his eyes, awed. "I haven't ever seen your eyes, Albert." She tells him.

"Oh yeah," Albert rubs his arm. "I probably should've warn contacts." He states quietly.

Spot cups his cheeks, turning his head so he was staring into his eyes. "No, no." He tells him. "Your eyes are beautiful. If I see contacts I will have you take them out."