Chapter 6 - Technically a Run

- Chapter 6 - Pretty-Eyed Boys -
Warnings: Awkwardness, we've all been there
Third Person POV

Albert stares out the window of Spot's house again.

Someone quickly catches his eye.

He darts over to the front door and opens it, grinning. "Hey, Racer!" He exclaims.

Race stops, looking at him. He smiles, waving. "Hey!"

Albert smiles.

Race had been going for a jog around the neighborhood cause he was bored.

And Hannah wanted him out of the house for an hour.

That was part of the reason, too.

"What are you doing?" Albert asks, looking around for any of Race's friends.

There were none in sight.

Race shrugs. "Going for a jog- or walk type thing where I run if I want to or feel unsafe." He answers, his eyes wandering around the neighborhood.

Albert chuckles.

"Miss Hannah wants me out of the house for a bit." Race explains, his eyes finding their way back to Albert.

Albert nods, deciding not to ask why cause he knew Race probably didn't know.

He heard Spot coming back and an idea popped into his mind. "Spot always missed you before we met," Albert smirks. "Want to trick him?"

Race looks at him. "Do I want to trick someone?" He repeats. "Who do you think you're asking? Of course I do." He smirks.

Albert ushers Race to hide next to the door.

Race quickly runs to hide behind the open door of the house.

Spot walks into the living room.

His eyebrows furrow. "Albie..." he starts softly. "Why is the front door open?" Spot questions.

Albert turns to him. "You just missed Race again." He tells him, holding back laughter.

Spot rolls his eyes. "Of course I di-" he starts, standing next to Albert.

Race pops out from behind the door. "I'm here!" He exclaims.

"Race!" Spot jumps backwards, his eyes wide.

Race and Albert start laughing.

Spot just shakes his head, a small smile forming on his lips from hearing the other two boys' laughs.

"Hey," Albert starts when he was done laughing. "Why don't you hang with us for a bit until Hannah says you can come back?" He asks.

Race looks to Spot.

Spot looks to Albert.

Albert facepalms. "Hannah wants him out of the house for an hour for an unknown reason." He explains.