Chapter 15 - Laying in the Grass and the Sequal, Lovesick in the Grass

- Chapter 15 - Race's New Album; Bored in the Grass Songs -
Warnings:
Third Person POV

A/N, how?! ^ those two books that are in 2nd and 4th are so much better than mine!

"I'm laying in the grass, laying in the grass, oh I'm laying in the grass." Race sings, bored. "I'm just laying in the grassssss. I'm laying in the grass."

Romeo films himself now. "A new single coming out by Racetrack Higgins." He jokes.

Race rolls his eyes.

Jack walks over to them. "I've invited Albert and Spot," he informs them, sitting down with them in the grass.

Race stares at the sky. "I'm lovestruck in the grass, lovestruck in the grass, just lovestruck in the grass." He sings. "I'm a lovestruck and helpless puppy in the grassss, just laying in the grass."

Romeo films him again. "The second verse of the song 'Laying in the Grass'." He continues, laughing.

Race rolls his eyes. "Quit filming me and saying I'm releasing singles." He states.

"Quit singing and being a mood and maybe I'll consider it." Romeo responds, saving the videos to his phone.

Race hears a ding from his phone. "Did you just-" he starts.

"Nope." Romeo answers.

Another ding.

"That one was me." He informs Race.

Race rolls his eyes, picking up his phone.

It was Albert.

Puppy eyes - Cute redhead
(They don't know each other's nicknames)

Cute redhead: Jack texted us to come over. Are you there?

Puppy eyes: yup. Especially considering it's at my house

Cute redhead: that would make sense then. See you there

Race puts his phone away.

"Texting your crushes?" Specs questions, sitting down next to Romeo and handing him chocolate.

Race rolls his eyes, sitting up and taking his candy from Specs.

Sour patch kids.

But not literal kids.

That'd just be weird.

((Author), ever seen that meme that's-
Nope.
That's depressing.
You're missing out.
I have Newsies memes. I'm fine.)

As of right now, it was just Jack, Race, Specs, and Romeo in Race's yard, but he knew Blink and Mush were coming and so were Tommy boy and Finch, whenever they woke up from their nap.

"Thanks, Specs." Race mutters, opening his candy.

Specs nods.