Chapter 20 - "It's Not Like You Aren't Cute When You're Sleeping."

- Chapter 20 - Interruptions When Trying to Confess -
Warnings: Race is confusion with love lol
Third Person POV

Albert and Spot wait outside for Race.

He was almost always outside before them, so they were confused as to where he was.

Then, they heard a door open.

They look up to find Race closing the door to his house.

He wore a blue and green, sleeveless flannel, black pants, a white undershirt, blue and green socks, and blue converse.

Albert smiles when he sees his hat on Race's head. "Morning, Racer." He greets.

Race turns around or face him, smiling softly. "Hi." He greets quietly, yawning.

"We were out before you today." Spot comments.

Race shrugs. "It was hard to get up this morning," he responds.

Spot nods.

Race curses under his breath. "I forgot my sleeved flannel." He mutters.

Albert pulls his out of his backpack. "Take mine." He tells Race, tossing it to him.

Race catches the flannel, looking from it to Albert and raising an eyebrow. "You sure?" He asks.

Albert nods.

"Thanks." Race ties the flannel around his waist.

Albert and Spot share a look, chuckling softly.

Race rolls his eyes. "It's a thing with El and Jo." He informs them.

"We figured." Spot responds with a smirk.

Race rolls his eyes again. "Sorry I fell asleep last night," he mutters, his cheeks heating up a bit.

Albert brushes it off. "We were all tired. I fell asleep too." He responds.

Race shrugs. "I just feel bad." He says quietly.

"And we're telling you not to." Albert responds with a soft smile.

"Besides, it's not like you aren't cute when you're sleeping." Spot comments like it was nothing.

(I aspire to be as confident as Spot and not as oblivious as Race lol.
Rude.
Everyone should a-spire(?) to be like me.
Cocky much.
This is why I don't say anything.)

Blush broke out on Race's face like it was a rash. "Uh-" he starts. "You know- Jack explained what-" he starts.

Albert and Spot look at him.

Race was cut off by the door to Jack and Crutchie's house opening.

Crutchie comes bouncing out, to the beat of his ability. "Morning, Race! Albert, Spot!" He exclaims.

Race drops the subject, turning and smiling at the boy. "Morning, Crutch. How are you today?" He asks.

Albert and Spot share a look.