Chapter 11 - Italian to English Malfunctions and Teasing

- Chapter 11 - The Key to his Heart -
Warnings: Mentions of death, annoyance
Third Person POV

Hannah opens the door, smiling when she sees Albert and Spot. "Good morning, boys. What can I do for you?" She asks.

Albert opens his mouth to speak, but was cut off.

"Miss Hannah!" He heard Race shout from somewhere in the house.

Hannah chuckles. "Yes?" She calls back.

"I completely forgot a word in English!" Race exclaims, sounding exasperated.

Hannah chuckles, shaking her head amusedly. "Can you describe it?" She asks.

Spot looks at her. "Does this happen often?" He asks quietly.

Hannah chuckles. "Yes." She answers. "His native language is technically Italian, because his first few words were in Italian." She explains.

Spot nods.

"It's like-" Race starts as he walks into the room, annoyed. "Come si dice- l'articolo di abbigliamento- collant- in Italiano?" He mutters to himself.

"Repeat that one more time and I'll have recorded it for Google translate." Spot tells Race, holding up his phone.

Race jumps a bit. "Uh- hello?" He stares at the two boys on his doorstep. "Didn't realize we were having visitors today." He comments.

Albert chuckles. "We were bored and wanted to see if you were free." He explains.

Race nods. "I was just texting Smalls to help her pick out an outfit for her date with Sniper." He explains. "I forgot the word- uh..." he trails off. "Oh! I remember now!" He grins.

Hannah chuckles. "And it was?" She asks.

"Tights." Race mutters, his cheeks heating up slightly.

Hannah chuckles, ruffling his hair before walking back into the house.

Race looks at Albert and Spot. "So- uh-" he starts awkwardly. "Do you want to come inside?"

Albert and Spot nod.

Something suddenly hit Race. "Crap! I forgot Smalls!" He exclaims, running to the stairs. "I'll be down in a minute!" Was the last thing they heard before his disappeared.

Albert and Spot chuckle, closing the door to his house.

Hannah enters the room. "He'll be down in a moment, like he said." She informs them.

Albert and Spot nod.

"I'm so tired..." Race mutters, walking down the stairs, one of his hands on the railing and the other hand rubbing his eye.

"We can leave and let you sleep, if you want." Albert suggests, pointing to the door.

Race shakes his head. "No, no. It's okay." He responds. "I just don't want to go to school tomorrow and it's only Monday."

Hannah chuckles, leaning against the counter. "That's what every school kid over the age of 10 says." She comments.

Race rolls his eyes. "Do we have any lollipops, Miss Hannah?" He asks.