Chapter 17

Alexander's POV

1 Hour Later

I woke up to an all-too-familiar sound coming from outside. Thunder. I noticed I was at John's apartment, but he wasn't snuggled next to me like I'd expected. I felt not only my headache return, but a wave of nausea washed over me. I carefully stood up, feeling slightly dizzy as did. Why do I feel even worse? I thought miserably as another loud thunderclap resonated through the apartment. I sighed and flopped back down on the couch, not bothering to move. I reached for the remote and turned the TV on. What's this? I wondered. "Now back to Gravity Falls on Disney XD!" I didn't feel like changing the channel, so I just watched what was on. I can't believe I'm actually watching and enjoying a show meant for 9-year olds, I thought. I was about to go back to sleep when another, more intense, wave of nausea hit me. I couldn't help it. I threw up over the side of the couch. Ugh, I feel awful. And John's probably gonna kill me when he sees- "Alex! Oh my god are you okay? What happened here?" John asked. "I threw up.. I couldn't keep it down... if I could've I would've...." I explained. "Aww, it's okay. Just go to the bathroom and I'll get this cleaned up, okay?" I nodded and dashed over to the bathroom, throwing up yet again.

~

John had been with me in the bathroom for the past 15 or so minutes as I continued to throw up on and off when I heard the sound of keys jingling. "Laf's home, I'll go get the door," he told me, kissing me on the forehead before exiting. After about 30 seconds, I heard him call me. "Alex! Come! I want you to meet someone!" I was confused, but I got up and out of the bathroom and stood behind John,wrapping my arms around him and peeking over his shoulder like a kid. "Alex, sweetie, don't be shy." The only reason I was being shy was because someone I didn't know was with Laf. He was tall, really tall, and looked like he could beat me to a pulp with a single punch. "H-hi.." I mumbled. "Hey, little guy! John, how do you know this kid?" he asked. I buried my face into John's shoulder, still too scared to speak. "Alex, don't be like that. Herc, this is my boyfriend, Alex, and Alex, this is Herc. He used to live here with me and Laf, but he moved out to L.A. around a year and a half ago," he explained. "He might look tough, but don't judge a book by it's cover, 'cause he's a huge softie," he added. I lifted my face up, smiling a little. "C-can I go now? I think I'm gonna throw up again.." I groaned. John nodded and I ran back to the bathroom. Knock knock. "Who is it?" I asked. "Mon ami, other people need the bathroom," Laf told me. "Just a sec," I grumbled. I got up and washed my hands, despite the fact that I was still very nauseous. I curled up on the couch next to John, resting my head on his shoulder. Exhaustion came over me, and I was about to pass out when the room flashed bright white and thunder echoed throughout the apartment. I was shaking. "Why is that so loud? Why does it sound so close?" I could hear my heart pounding inside my chest. "Alex, calm down! It's nothing to be scared of, okay?" he told me, trying to calm me down. I nodded and took a deep breath, attempting to calm myself. I felt John snuggle closer to me and smiled a little. This is nice.. I thought. "Love you, Alex," John whispered to me. That was the last thing I heard before I fell asleep.