Untitled Part 37

Alexander's POV

3 Hours Later

Another loud crash sounded from next door, causing Jackie to start shaking with fear. "It's okay, nobody's gonna hurt you," I assured him, hugging him close to me. This had been going on for the past three hours now. Everytime I thought John was finally asleep, more loud noise would come from the apartment next door and scare him right out of his sleep. I was getting sick of this, as I'd been planning to actually take my insomnia meds (yes, I have insomnia, why do you think I never sleep?) and get some sleep tonight. It was now past midnight, and I'm sure we weren't the only ones who were getting annoyed. "I'm gonna go talk to them, okay? Stay right here," I told Jackie before leaving his room. I left the apartment, closing the door but leaving it unlocked. Now, I might just be a 5'5", 21 year old law student, but that doesn't mean I can't stand up for myself. I stormed over to the apartment and banged on the door. A lady (who just so happens to be taller than me, what'd I expect) answered the door. "Aw, hello hun! What brings you here at this hour?" she asked in a sugary-sweet tone. "First of all, I'm not 1, I'm 21. Second, don't call me that. Third, will you and whoever else is in here with you please shut up? My boyfriend is having constant panic attacks because of you two," I growled. "Oh, I didn't realize that. I'm so sorry for causing you trouble," she told me, sounding genuine this time. "It's fine. Anyways, try to quiet down. And if what I've heard is anything, you should just dump whoever's living in here and either kick them out or leave to find your own place," I advised. "Oh and by the way, if this happens again, I won't be as nice as I was this time." I went back into my apartment, locking the door behind me, only to find Henry knocking on John's door with Mary-Ellie behind him. "Hey you two, what's going on?" I asked. "She had a nightmare, and I had one too.." Henry mumbled. "Okay, go back into your room, I'll be right over," I told them. If John's not answering, he's probably asleep. I carefully opened the door to his room, and noticed that he was asleep. That's good. How'd he even-? I then saw that he had his headphones on. Probably listening to his playlist. Jackie's playlist consists mostly of songs from Six, Dear Evan Hansen, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (yes, that's a musical), Miranda: An American Musical, West Side Story, and a crap ton of other musicals. He'd gotten me into Miranda because of the history. The rest of the songs on there are songs you hear on the radio, so this adds up to over 100 songs, enough to keep him asleep for a few hours. But, I'm rambling here. I should be checking on the kids. I stifled a yawn as I went into their room, Henry shushing me as I did so. He then gestured to Mary-Ellie, who was now sound asleep on him. "How'd you do that? It would've taken me an hour to calm her," I told him. "Lots of practice. This would happen a lot, so I'm used to it." Okay, that's heartbreaking. "Henry, don't go around saying heartbreaking crap like that, because people will think bad things about me and Jackie, as we're your current guardians." He nodded. "Goodnight, you guys," I whispered before leaving. I quietly reentered Jack's room and went to lie down next to him. I snuggled him close, making sure I wouldn't hurt his arm (we'd taken the sling off so he could sleep better). I kissed his forehead gently. "Night, Jackie," I mumbled before falling asleep.