Chapter 23

A/N sorry in advance for bad chapter

Alexander's POV

The Next Morning

Ugh.. what happened last night? I thought as I woke up. I was about to get up when I realized that John was hugging me. Aww, that's too cute- I was snapped out of my thoughts by a soft sound. Crying. "John..? Are you okay?" I asked him sleepily. "I'm so sorry Alex, I didn't mean to wake you," he told me, sounding slightly distraught. "You don't have to apologize. Why are you crying? Did something happen?" He just hugged me tighter. "I-.. I had a nightmare.." he mumbled. He sounded like a little kid. "It's okay. It happens to everyone. Just relax, okay?" So, for the next ten or so minutes, I let him use me as a stuffed animal to help him relax. He was shaking a little, but he seemed to be calm. "Jackie, are you sure you're okay?" I asked. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. It's n-nothing," he replied, tightening his grip on me. "It doesn't sound like nothing," I shot back. "It happens all the time, Alex. It's not a big deal." Doesn't sound like it but okay. I carefully got up, but immediately regretted it as I felt light-headed and nauseous. I ran into the bathroom and spent what felt like an hour throwing up on and off. "You okay in there, Alex?" John asked. "Yeah, I'm good. Just a little hungover," I mumbled. I quickly took two Advils, dry-swallowing them instead of asking for water (no, I won't drink the tap water, that's gross). I exited the bathroom, although still slightly light-headed. I sat down in the kitchen next to Jack, leaning on him a little. "Do I have to eat something..?" I asked, pushing the plate of toaster waffles away. "Yes, Alex, you do have to eat," he told me, gently kissing my forehead. "What happened last night?" Feels like I got run over by a bus while drunk. I'm sore all over and I don't even know why. Guess I just slept wrong. "You got wasted last night. I don't even know how many shots you took," he explained. No wonder I threw up so much. That still doesn't explain why I feel like I just got crushed by a boulder. I nodded a little and felt like sleeping again. I then remembered what had happened yesterday (and probably the cause of John's nightmare), and made a mental note to talk to my professor about it. "Also, John, did you hear from your dad? When's he coming to visit?" I asked. "He messaged me last night. He said that someone emailed him and told him that he'd get a call and court dates would be discussed, as he already pleaded not guilty. So, he said he won't bother with coming up here until shortly before the set date." Washington. Didn't I tell him to wait a little? I'll talk to him today anyway. "At least he isn't coming. That's one less thing to worry about."