19

Spencer was folding laundry with Luis. Everything was okay until Frazier walked in with his friend and they constrained him and Spencer.

"Stop! Stop!" Spencer struggled against the other inmate as he held Spencer back

"Nah no more orders from you little man" Frazier spit out "Maybe we can't get to you but we can get to your friend"

"Let him go!" Spencer yelled out

"So here's lesson number one I know Shaw got your back but I'm in charge. In two weeks my shipments coming through and you're gonna make sure it gets to me safely is that clear?" Spencer shut his eyes closed, he wanted this to not be real but when he opened them again it was worse. Y/n was in Frazier's arms.

"Spencer" Y/n cried out

Spencer stopped resisting and stayed quiet. When he didn't respond Y/n was pulled back into Frazier's chest and he held a knife to her throat "Is that clear?!"

"Spencer" she cried out again, struggling to free herself

"Yes it's clear it's clear" Spencer nodded desperately and as he closed his eyes Luis appeared again. Spencer felt a confusion. His eyes were playing tricks on him, there were flashes between Luis and Y/n switching out.

"Lesson number two never ever mess with a man's stash on the inside cause when you do.." Luis gasped and he slit his throat. Luis dropped to the ground "People get hurt"

Spencer was finally let go and he ran over to Luis with a small towel as they calmly walked away "it's okay it's okay" he compressed his neck with the towel to try and help "it's okay" he repeated.

Luis was bleeding out and gasping for air, Spencer looked away and yelled "Guard!"

Spencer immediately felt regret. He thought he was helping and now he ended up here with someone dying in his hands "Help! Help!" When he looked back down Y/n was now struggling to breathe. Spencer's eyes widened. "I'm sorry I'm so sorry"

As she was loosing air Spencer watcher cough up blood. This was never supposed to happen. She stayed for him and now she was hurt. She's hurt.

"Help!"

But then his eyes opened. Spencer sprung from his bed in a cold sweat and sat up. His chest heaved as he realized it was just a dream. Y/n was safe at home. She was safe there. Not here. But then realized that his friend was actually dead. He quickly grabbed a journal he was writing in and sat against the wall, wiping away his sweat. He began to write

'Getting more and more intense got to fall deeper in to beat them. I've lost friends before but not like this, not in a box where I have no control.

Or do I?'

Spencer wiped his brow and continued to quickly press his pencil against the paper, scribbling away

'Starting to think like them, starting to survive like them.

I'm here because I made a choice what if that means I don't get out alive?'

He closed the journal and placed it under his pillow. Soon enough he laid back down and closed his eyes. But all he could see was his friend and his girlfriend coming in and out of his mind, bleeding to death because of him. He opened his eyes and stared at the blank wall.

'What did I do?' He thought. He blamed himself for dragging any of his friends into this hole he dug himself into. He dragged the woman he loved down with him. He couldn't let her wait for him. Why did he let her even see him in this place. Seeing her made his day but ruined hers he thought. Spencer thought that all he was causing was damage. He attempted to close his eyes again but all he could do was play Luis's death on repeat.

...

It had been a couple of weeks and time felt like it was going super slow. You sat in the same chair you always sat in and waited for Spencer. While you waited you thought about trying again with your old supervisor. You had been feeling better. You had realized star gazing without Spencer hurt but after a while it helped. Laying there in a patch of grass looking up at the sky cleared your mind. You missed Spencer's hand intertwined with yours while you both looked up.

You snapped back into reality when Spencer sat down in front of you. The first thing you could see was that he hadn't slept. The bags under his eyes were darker and his hair was longer. He had stubble on his face and there was a glint in his eyes. The type that cried for help "Hey genius"

"Hi" he quickly grinned as he sat down

"Have you been sleeping" you asked

"No not really" he frowned

"I heard about your friend" you lightly smiled "I'm so sorry" you spoke in a soothing tone

He hummed and nodded but then spoke "um we need to talk"

"What about" you nervously tapped your finger against the table

"You have to stop coming here. It's not a good idea" he wouldn't look at you, his eyes beamed at his hands

"Genius" you lightly chuckled "We already talked about this"

He snapped his head back up to look at you "And now I'm telling you that you need to move on with your life"

"What?" You furrowed your brow

"I dragged you down into a dark hole" he spoke quietly "There are things that happen in here that I don't want you to be near of and that includes seeing me"

"Spencer I already told you I'm not going anywhere. I want to be here and-" you were quickly cut off

You flinched when he slammed his fist into the table "Someone was killed in front of me"

You didn't say anything. You looked over at the guard who was making sure nothing happened. He raised his brow and leaned back against a wall. You turned back to look at Spencer and he clenched his fist "They slit his throat in front of my face. They held me back while he called my name"

"I'm so sorry that happened to you but I already said that I'm going to be here for you" you tried to smile but failed

"You need to move in with your life. There has been no new evidence. Scratch won I'm stuck" he spoke with a low tone "Find someone else"

"I don't want to find someone else" your voice cracked "You are going to get out of here"

"Y/n I don't want you coming back here" he snapped at you "I don't want you here"

"But-" you were cut off

"But nothing you can't keep coming here you need to move on" he quickly muttered

"I can't leave you I don't want to" you began to fidget with the ring on your finger

"Y/n just go" he spoke quietly and calmly, like he was holding something back

"Spencer Im not leaving you"

"Why not" he tilted his head

"Because I-" you paused, you couldn't say it not here and not now

"Say it" he slammed his hand on the table again

"I-" you stopped yourself and realized you didn't have to finish your sentence. He knew what you were gonna say and the look in his eyes told you one thing but his actions said another

"No" he got up from his seat "Leave and don't come back"

"Spencer please"

"Leave! i don't want you here" he yelled "Get out!"

The guard ran over "hey!" The guard grabbed Spencer but he tried to pull away "Time to go!"

"I don't ever want to see your face again!" Spencer angrily yelled out as he was being pulled away

You sat there mouth agape with tears ready to fall from your eyes but you blinked them away. You were stuck and you didn't know what to do. There was a burning feeling coming from inside of you. His words felt like poison being spit at you. This had to be caused by the sleep deprivation and the things he had gone through. Right?