20

Spencer had lost it. Right now he was doing something he never thought he would do. Purposely hurt someone. Possibly kill them. But it was for his protection and the protection of inmates being pushed around by Frazier. Spencer had lost his ways. He paced back and forth in the laundry room tugging at his hair trying to find a way to just stop everything. He wanted to get out of here. No one in here was truly innocent. Shaw was full of shit.

"Fuck it" he mumbled "He's the bad guy, Frazier is the one that needs to go"

Spencer walked over to a metal table and opened a cardboard box up. There was a plastic bag filled with powdered detergent and he opened up the bottle of bleach. There was a towel folded up next to him with the drugs Frazier wanted inside. Before he moved he began to think about Y/n and how her voice felt so sweet in his ears. He remembered pushing her hair behind her ear as he laid with her months ago

What if I just kissed you under the stars

I think that if you did that I would have to accept the fact that the connection between us is real

But that didn't matter anymore. She didn't matter anymore. At least he tried to shove the way he felt about her down. She wasn't going to come back. He pushed her away and he did that for her own good. He had to find a new way to survive here. Even if it meant taking out one of the men pulling the strings in this place. More thoughts ran through his mind. The same ones over and over.

I'm starting to think like them, starting to survive like them.

I'm here because I made a choice what if that means I don't get out alive?

Spencer poured some ammonia into a measuring cup and set it down. Then he scooped up a fair amount of detergent and sprinkled it onto the table. More thoughts ran through his mind.

There's a helplessness in here that causes people to do things they would never have considered

He placed the tip of his finger into the ammonia and dropped some of the liquid over the powder. It made a sizzling noise and the smoke that rose made Spencer cough. He covered his nose and took a step back.

'This is a good plan', he thought, 'it's the only way'

...

Spencer walked back into the laundry room only to find someone on the floor. It was Malcolm. Another person he had met. Someone who was brought in here because of Shaw. Spencer ran over to him and dropped to his knees when he saw blood running from his mouth and nose. "Malcolm!"

"They made me try it" he coughed out, Spencer immediately knew he was talking about the drugs. The drugs he thought were only going to Frazier.

He was gasping and choking when a guard walked in "What did you do"

"I found him like this" Spencer looked up at him

"We need a gurney in the laundry now" the guard, Wilkins, spoke into his radio

"Come on" Spencer looked back down at Malcolm "Come on man Come on"

After Malcolm was taken away for help, Spencer was taken back to his cell and Wilkins asked "So you just found him like that?"

"Wait what happened?" He asked as the cell gate closed

"Bad batch" it looked like he was about to ask something but then Spencer heard coughing. It came from the cell next to his. It was Shaw.

"Wilkins!" He shouted "I'm all messed up man"

Spencer could hear him coughing and gagging. Spencer began to panic as more people in his block began to cough. This was not supposed to happen. He felt regret and guilt, there was tightness in his lungs like he couldn't breathe himself.