22

You were sitting on Spencer's couch patiently waiting for him to come back. Surely everything was going to be okay. You found out that the real psycho that put Spencer through the ringer was Cat Adams. While he was gone you had done some research and called Penelope for some answers. Turns out she was associated with a group of hit men but Spencer had outsmarted her and put her in prison. This all happened over a year ago and she had planned out this whole thing. She had been nursing a grudge for so long it was unbelievable. How could someone obsess over another person like that.

The door clicked and you turned your head. Spencer walked through the door and you got up from your couch to go give him a hug. He shut the door and he wrapped his arms around you.

"How's your mom?"

"She's safe" he buried his head in the crook of your neck

"I bet you're tired come on" you let go and grabbed his hand, you led him towards the couch and sat him down

Once you sat down at the edge of the couch he kicked off his shoes and immediately laid his head down on your lap. It was like you fell back into your routine immediately. You smiled and remembered how good it felt to sit together. To feel each others body heat. You gently ran your hands through his hair and watched him yawn. "How did you get her back?"

"I don't really want to talk about it right now" he mumbled

"Okay" you simply agreed and continued to massage his scalp. You knew that he needed sleep. He hadn't had a break in so long. He was just about to close his eyes when his phone rang.

"Genius you need your rest" you tried to keep his head down but he sat up and dug through his pockets

"It could be important" he answered and you watched as panic set in his eyes. He began to put on his shoes and walk toward the door.

"Wait where are you going" you got up following after him as he hung up

"I have to go the team was in a crash and Emily was taken" he opened the front door

"You haven't been reinstated, you haven't slept, you just got here" you spit out

"This time it's actually scratch this time and I have to go"

"Spencer just-" you paused and took a deep breath "Stay safe"

"I'll be okay" he grabbed your chin and pressed his lips against yours before walking out the door. He had just gotten back. You didn't know what happened with Cat. You knew that he could snap if he didn't get at least a little bit of rest.

...

You had received a really strange text from Spencer. It had been a couple of hours and he told you to meet him at a bar. You had quickly ran over to the address and when you walked through the doors you spotted him sitting with a shot in front of him. You slowly walked over to him and sat in the chair beside him

"Walker died" he began to speak slowly "We were never close but he was still a part of this team you know"

His eyes never left the shot in front of his face as he spoke "Scratch tortured Emily and if I had found him I would've killed him" he rubbed his eye with the back of his hand "I did some things in prison and now I want a drink"

"Spencer" you lightly rubbed his shoulder

"I came here because I think that I need a drink but I'm not sure. I do want it but I don't know. Sometimes I drink with my friends and it's fine because I'm happy. But now I want to do it because I want to forget. Or it's just a way for me to get as close to taking dilauded as I can get" his eyes wouldn't move from the drink in front of him "So I called you"

You slowly pushed the shot back and gently nudged his chin so he could turn to face you. He swallowed back the lump in his throat and whispered "Can you take me home"

You nodded "Of course. You need some sleep. It's been a long day."

He smiled "Thank you"

You gently pressed your lips against his and pulled away "I'm going to go run to the bathroom real quick. Stay put."

He nodded and pressed his lips against yours once again. You walked away.

...

Spencer watched Y/n walk away and then he felt another presence sit beside him. He turned and saw a drunken man. "Isn't she something"

"Excuse me" Spencer rose his eyebrow

"That girl" he pointed toward Y/n as she walked "She looks like a piece of work but damn. I could get in on some of that." he slurred

Spencer stood up from his stool and faced the man completely "What the hell did you just say?"

"Hey" he chuckled and got up from his stool "If you want to share just say so" he began to walk past Spencer in Y/n's direction but Spencer pushed him back and before he knew it, his fist landed across the drunken mans face.

"Don't you ever talk to about her like that!" Spencer threw another punch, the man dropped to the floor and Spencer was about to go down with him but Y/n immediately heard his voice. She had never expected that from him ever. She ran over to them.

Before Spencer hit him again Y/n pulled him back "Spencer stop it!"

Spencer didn't think clearly and shoved her away "He doesn't get to talk about you like that"

"Spencer! I know men are assholes but it's time to go!" Y/n grabbed onto his hand. He resisted "Spencer! Let's go!" Grabbing his arm and shoving Spencer towards the exit. She didn't know what type of attention he had brought to himself but she didn't bother sticking around to figure it out.

...

You had Spencer's keys in your hand. You opened his door and let him go in first, gently closing the door behind you.

"I'm going to make us some tea. Okay?" You asked as he walked toward his room

"Okay" he nodded and turned to look at you "I'm sorry"

"It's okay" you nodded and watched him softly smile before walking into his room. You were really worried about him. You stood in the doorway unable to move. He was exhausted and you could tell that he probably had ptsd. On the way home you noticed he kept rubbing his eye into his palm. He was probably getting tunnel vision. He needed help and it was help that you probably couldn't give him yourself.

You wanted to check on him once more before making the tea. But you walked into his room and something was off.

"Genius?"

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the wall in front of him. It was like he wasn't there, like his mind was elsewhere. You stepped closer and realized how exhausted he looked. Your hand softly landed on his shoulder but you quickly regretted that decision when he snapped. He had gotten up and in one swift motion you were slammed against the wall. With one hand wrapped around your throat. You gasped and shut your eyes.

What the hell