31

Spencer watched as Y/n slammed the door behind her and he had immediately regretted everything he said. In the moment all he felt was frustration and anger. Not with her but with himself. Next to him sat a vase on a small table next to the couch. Without a second though he chucked it across the room and watched it hit the front door.

He let out a loud sigh and rubbed his eye with the back of his palm. There was glass everywhere and she had just walked out when a psychopath was out looking for her. Spencer felt as if he was doing everything wrong. These past months he just wanted something to go his way.

Spencer walked over to a storage closet and opened the door, when his hand landed on the broom there was a click, the same click he heard when someone was about to fire a shot from a gun.

"Don't move"

Spencer immediately recognized the voice behind him

...

You sat at a park bench with a concrete checkered table in front of you. You had your hoodie up and watched as people happily walked by. You had never felt so out of place. Feeling lost and in pain. Sam had taken everything from you. You had everything. The girl. The job. The perfect life. And then it was taken from you. And after so many years you had finally felt free again. You felt love and he tried to take that too

Whatever you and Spencer had was probably ruined as well. And there was no one was no one to blame but each other even though you wanted to blame it all on him. But what he said about you and your family, that just hurt like hell.

There was a loud bang and you turned your head to see where the noise came from. But it was just construction that had started getting louder and louder across the park. When you looked back down at the table there was a ring. Your ring.

You got up and took it. There was a guy close enough walking away so you ran up to him. "Hey did you put this there?" you held it up in his face

He nodded and continued to walk, he was just some teenager. "Where did you get this from"

"Some guy paid me 20 bucks to discretely give that to you" he shrugged "Said he was your boyfriend"

You stopped following him and stopped in your tracks. If he didn't come after you then he was going after Spencer. He wanted Spencer to die before, he was going to do it himself. Your stomach churned and your heart dropped. You began to run as fast as you could back to the house.

...

Spencer was standing in the middle of the living room as Sam stood in front of him, pointing the gun in Spencer's direction. In the perfect position for Y/n to walk in and for Sam to have his moment "How did you find us?"

"Shut up!"

"I just want to talk" Spencer kept his hands in the air, he hoped that Y/n wouldn't come back. Not now.

It had been like 15 minutes and Sam was just pointing the gun at Spencer. Sam was waiting for Y/n to come back, he knew this would end in his death. There was no way he could call for help and Sam wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

"Why do you want to hurt her?" Spencer was trying to figure out how to get himself out of this

"I would never do that" Sam scoffed "I care about her"

"You formed a bond with her that doesn't exist, she doesn't know you. But I do and if you kill me you will hurt her just like she hurt when you killed her girlfriend four years ago" Spencer began to explain

"You are not getting put of this!" the gun shook in his hands as he screamed

Spencer took a deep breath and tried to not think about this being the last day. The following words felt sour in Spencer's mouth "Y/n and I had a fight. She walked out. We are over. You know don't you, look at the glass on the floor"