35

Content Warning: Panic Attack, hair pulling, depictions of self harm

*2 weeks later*

Spencer had spent the past two weeks with his mother. He was trying to make up for lost time, it was agony being away from the people he loved. He was constantly visiting her and staying with her for hours. She was lucid and he was really happy. He didn't really have time to see Y/n so he tried calling her at night and texting her for the most part.

From what he could tell she seemed fine until he stood in front of her with his hands up as she dropped a kitchen knife to the floor.

He was going to see her in person. It had been a while. He had spare keys to her apartment so he knocked as he walked in. He could clearly see that she didn't hear him walk in. He was looking for her and calling her name but when he turned a corner to walk into the kitchen he was met with a knife inches away from his face.

"I-I... Spencer I am so sorry" y/n dropped to her knees to pick up the knife and some papers that were on the floor "I thou- I thought you were-"

"Sam?" Spencer bent down and helped her pick up the papers she had dropped

"What?" She scoffed "No"

"Then what was all that" He stopped her and rested his hand on hers

"Nothing" she snatched her hand away and stood to her feet "I just didn't hear you"

"I called your name like 10 times" Spencer spoke with a gentle tone and placed his hand on her shoulder as he stood up

"And I did not hear you" she shrugged him away and dropped everything on her countertop. Spencer watched as she kept her head down as she walked towards her room

"Can you please look at me?" Spencer felt that there was tension in the air. Something was wrong.

Y/n paused in her tracks and lifted her head up to stare straight ahead. Slowly she spun around to look at Spencer. There was a clear image here. Spencer could see the glimmer in her eyes was gone. Her hair hadn't been brushed. She hadn't been sleeping, the bags under her eyes showed it. She even looked a bit thinner. She wasn't eating.

Spencer frowned as he looked at his girlfriend in a disheveled state. He reached out to cup her face with his hands and slowly pulled her closer to him "It's just me. You're safe now. No one is going to hurt you. Ever"

Tears began to swell in her eyes once those words left his mouth. All she did was nod in his hands and walk away. As she walked away she mumbled under her breath "I'm going to bed"

"It's still daylight out" Spencer raised his brow and followed behind "And it looks like you haven't been sleeping"

"Why are you talking so much" it was like a flip switched out of no where. She was now angry but Spencer didn't know why. She turned around to look at him "You don't know when to just shut the fuck up. Aren't you a genius. I want to be alone so just leave me alone"

"Y/n" Spencer voice cracked under the pressure of his sadness. He was shocked and surprised at her words. This wasn't her.

"What!" She waved her hands in the air as she talked "You are always fucking talking and talking about the most annoying shit in the world. No one fucking cares about what you have to say."

Spencer looked at her in shock. He'd always hear things like this from his colleagues. Not in this manner but it was definitely implied. Just hearing it from Y/n stung. Especially when he remembered all the nights he stayed up rambling about everything he wanted to say. And she never interrupted because she told him that she loved hearing him talk.