|7| Madison

Just to instigate Xander, Maddy made sure to do some running and absurd exercises when the pack doctor left. On any other day, she wouldn't have even thought of doing such exercises but she decided to do them just to piss Xander off.

"You can't tell me to rest anymore. My left ankle is perfectly fine," Maddy reminded him when Xander was about to tell Maddy to sit down.

"Now that you are good to go, we should start the arrangements. Come on, we should go to Jeremy's house," Xander said as he grabbed Maddy's hand and the two of them rushed out.

Jeremy's house was where they usually gathered as Maddy's room was too small to fit in all of them. All of them could fit, but it would be too congested. Xander and Alexa's room was not an option since the Alpha could walk in at any moment and ruin all the plans. Their house was always occupied by people as the Alpha had several things to take care of and meetings to attend. That left only Jeremy's house for meet ups.

When Maddy and Xander reached, Jeremy wasn't there in the living room like usual. A soft song was playing from one room. Xander put his finger to his lip and asked Maddy to follow him. Xander quietly led Maddy to one room. On opening the door, Maddy saw that it was some sort of music room and Jeremy was sitting in front of the piano. He was so absorbed in playing the piano, that he didn't even notice when Maddy and Xander enter the room.

Maddy stared in awe at Jeremy. Although Maddy couldn't recognize the song, it sounded beautiful. Maddy too had tried playing the piano. Spoiler alert: she was horrible at it. She had no coordination between her right and left hand. Maddy didn't even know that Jeremy played an instrument, let alone that he played it so well.

After a few minutes of playing, Jeremy seemed to notice that Maddy and Xander were watching him. He stopped playing and turned to face them.

"You've gotten even better at playing the piano," Xander commented.

"You never told me that you play the piano!" Maddy exclaimed.

Jeremy shrugged. "It's just my stressbuster."

At that moment the door opened and Alexa came in. Immediately, everyone got down to business, the piano long forgotten.

"First, the tickets. What are we going to do about the tickets? It's nearly impossible to get a flight a day before," Maddy asked.

"We will see if we can get tickets if we don't, we'll take the private plane," Xander replied.

Maddy's eyebrows shot up so high that her eyebrows must have merged with her hairline. Private plane?

Growing up with only a mom, Maddy never got to see much luxury. Her mom was a doctor which helped pay for their basic needs but that was it. That was the reason they lived in a house which was so close to the werewolves' houses. The house was away from civilization and near a forest which resulted in not many people wanting to buy it and the house rent being very low. The only expensive thing they had was a silver fork and spoon gifted by none other than Tristan, which Maddy managed to lose. Now, she was surrounded by people who practically pooped money. A private plane was next level rich.

"All werewolves together own some private planes for emergencies. That was how the Alpha of the Callisto Pack arrived here so fast," Xander explained. "We can use it, but only as a last resort. We will need to request for the plane at least an hour before our departure and that might tip dad off about us leaving."

With that in mind everyone started searching for tickets from different airlines on their respective phones. Maddy didn't have the phone or laptop with her, so she hopped from person to person, peering on their phones and basically getting extremely bored. After thirty minutes of searching when no one could get tickets for four people, it was decided that they would be using the private plane.

"Let's do it this way," Jeremy suggested. "We leave at around midnight and we drive to a faraway place. Like a two hour or three hour journey. Only after reaching there, we will call the plane. The Alpha will be sleeping so he might not receive the message and even if he does, he won't be able to stop us because it will take him two to three hours to reach us and by then we will be up in the air."

Maddy let out a small whistle. That was one heck of a plan. If that was how the future Beta of the pack strategized, the pack won't be falling into trouble anytime soon.

Everyone agreed that the plan was perfect. Then came the second part- how would they escape?

"I am assuming that the pack is guarded even during the night. Is there any way we can get our hands on the guards' schedule? That was we can sneak out when the guards our changing positions, just like in the movies."

Xander shook his head. "Maddy, you really need to stop deciding what to do in real life situations based on what takes place in books and movies."

"We can probably do what Maddy suggested. All the schedules should be there in the Alphas house," Jeremy said as he nodded.

"See? Making decisions based on stories and movies isn't such a bad thing."

Xander sighed.

"Xander and I can get it and all of us can borrow one of the pack cars," Alexa said as she bit her lip.

"Borrow? More like steal, but whatever," Xander commented. "The place where the cars are kept is heavily guarded at night. We won't be able to get take a car."

"Maybe we can take a cab?" Maddy suggested.

Everyone shook their heads. "Hardly any cars come her, if any. We can't risk it."

"It's simple," Alexa said. "We steal the car today and hide it in the shed kind of thing which is a little far away from here. At midnight we can take it from there."

"What shed?" Jeremy asked frowning.

"You know, the one near the huge tree. Have you never stolen a pack car before?"

When everyone gave her blank looks, Alexa cleared her throat loudly. "Well, I have and it's easy. I can do it with my eyes closed."

Everyone nodded and went off to get everything prepared. There were lots of preparations to do if they wanted to leave by midnight.