|43| Madison

Maddy didn't know when exactly she fell asleep that day but when she did wake up, she realized that it had become morning. Alexa wasn't present in the room when she woke up. After freshening up, Maddy walked to the room beside hers where Xander and Jeremy were not present as well. It was unusually quiet.

Maddy told herself that they probably had just gone to the cafeteria for food but she couldn't help worrying. A thousand different scenarios passed through her head, each being worse than the previous one. What if they went to get Leia back without Maddy? What if they got kidnapped?

Maddy was stopped from doing something dramatic by Jeremy's arrival.

"Where are the others?" Maddy asked Jeremy worriedly.

"Relax," Jeremy said. "They just went to check on the people we rescued from the dark market to make sure that they have everything they need."

Maddy's shoulders slumped with relief. "Has Justin had any success in finding their families?"

Jeremy smiled. "The Alpha has reunited six families till now. How are you feeling?"

"Why should I be feeling anything other than normal?"

"You have been sleeping since yesterday evening. That is approximately twelve hours."

Maddy's eyebrows shot up. "Twelve hours?"

Jeremy nodded. "Your faeries friend mentioned that the medicine might have some side effects which included sleeping a lot."

"I'm feeling perfectly fine," Maddy said.

She made her way to the cafeteria along with Jeremy. She was starving. After finishing her food, Maddy turned to Jeremy.

"I'll be upstairs. I am feeling extremely sleepy."

Jeremy nodded. "Okay. I won't disturb you."

Now that she was alone, Maddy started making plans on how to get Leia back. The others wouldn't be able to help her which meant that she alone had to figure out a way to save Leia. She also knew that the others wouldn't allow her to go alone which meant that she would have to leave without them knowing.

The simplest way to do that was to leave while Xander and Alexa were away. That way she would only have to avoid Jeremy but Maddy didn't want to do that. She had already gotten Jeremy into trouble for helping her. She didn't want Jeremy to fall into trouble because of her once again. Maddy decided to leave when Alexa and Xander returned.

Her plan was to just scout the place and make plans so that she could come prepared that evening. They were supposed to return by flight the next day so Maddy had only one day to get Leia out.

Maddy waited for Xander and Alexa to arrive. While waiting, Maddy quickly went out to get a knife sheath. Her dagger was difficult to hide in her clothes but a sheath would be perfect. Maddy went to a clothing store that specialized in leather items. In half an hour's time, she came back with a decent sheath.

After coming back there was still some time before Xander and Alexa returned so Maddy started practicing how to do the Thor trick with her dagger. True to his words, Jeremy had left Maddy alone the entire time. It was lunch time by the time Xander and Alexa did arrive. By then, Maddy managed to avoid Jeremy and call her dagger from across the room. Maddy hurried to finish her lunch.

Maddy put on a dress that came up to her knees. She specifically chose the dress because it had pockets. She then took out the knife sheath that she bought and strapped it to her thigh and placed her phone in the pocket. The dress covered the sheath so it didn't look odd.

Maddy also made sure to put some makeup to make sure that Krithika didn't recognize her even if they did catch her. She didn't know if Krithika knew Maddy's face after Maddy had sabotaged the dark market building but Maddy didn't want to take chances. Alexa had some makeup stashed in her bag and Maddy borrowed it. She was sure that Alexa wouldn't mind it. Maddy didn't usually apply makeup and relied on Leia for that so it took some time for her to manage to do some makeup.

Half an hour after Xander and Alexa's arrival, Maddy went up to Xander and Jeremy's room. When she entered the room, she saw that only Xander in the room. The moment he saw Maddy's face, he raised his eyebrows.

"What's with all that makeup? Where are you going?"

Maddy shrugged nonchalantly. "I realized that one of my old friends from when I used to live in India now lives in Bangalore. I am going to visit her. I should be back in an hour."

"And you are wearing all that makeup because...?"

"Can't a girl wear makeup?" Maddy asked with narrowed eyes.

Xander held his hands out defensively. "I have never seen you wear makeup and I remember you mentioning that you never wear makeup unless necessary."

"It is necessary. Where are Jeremy and Alexa?" Maddy asked, trying to change the topic.

"They went down to grab lunch. I was going to call you but it looks like you are going out. You could have informed us earlier," Xander said unhappily.

"I just got to know today. She invited me over like an hour ago," Maddy said sheepishly.

"Fine. You've got your phone?"

"Yeah."

"If anything unusual happens-"

"I'll call the big, strong Alpha to come and save me as I am a damsel in distress. Happy?" Maddy said as rolled her eyes.

Xander grinned. "You said that, not me."

Once again, Maddy rolled her eyes. "If you are done with your daily dose of narcissism, I'll get going."

Maddy turned around and was about to leave the room when Xander called out to her. "Maddy?"

"Yeah?" she asked as she turned around.

"You shouldn't wear makeup. It's messing with your perfection," he said as he winked at her.

"You have been waiting to use that pick-up line, haven't you?"

"Yup."

Smiling to herself, Maddy started walking towards the main exit of the hotel.