|31| Madison

Maddy was practically bouncing off the walls by the time it was midnight. Let's face it, if you were given the chance to do cool things like a fricking avenger, you would be bouncing off walls too.

Maddy had been quite eager to learn the trick after Ella had left so she stayed in the room in the castle and tried to master the trick on her own. She had kept her dagger in one corner of the room and standing in the opposite corner, she desperately tried to call the dagger towards herself. Unfortunately, being Thor wasn't as easy as Maddy had expected it to be.

She ended up standing in the room like an idiot with her eyes closed and face twisted with concentration. When the dagger didn't budge, it only made Maddy more and more frustrated. Her continuous failure only made her want to master the skill and rub it on the stupid, uncooperative dagger's face.

It wasn't until Xander, Alexa and Jeremy came to check up on her thinking that she was hurt, that she realized that she had spent a whole hour trying and failing in mastering Thor's hammer trick.

By the time Maddy and the others reached their rooms, it was night. Maddy decided there was no point in sleeping as it was nearly midnight much to Xander's horror.

"You need energy tomorrow for the last round."

"What I need is time to practice calling my dagger. I'll sleep in the morning. It's not like we have anything better to for the entire morning."

Fine," Xander said grumbling. "Without me, you wouldn't know how to take care of yourself properly."

"And without me, you would get yourself killed by doing stupid things like turning into a wolf and trying to enter a hotel," Maddy retorted.

Maddy's thoughts drifted back to the thirty people waiting for the four of them in their hotel.

"What happened to the people we rescued from the dark market," Maddy asked worriedly. So much had happened since rescuing them, that it had completely slipped Maddy's mind.

"I called dad using Jeremy's phone and informed him about the situation. He will take care of those them."

Maddy nodded and went back to her room. She settled down on her bed and kept her dagger in the other end of the bed and once again, tried to call it back to herself. Like before, nothing happened to the dagger. It just stayed in the same damn position.

There was no clock or watch in their room so Maddy had no idea what the time was when there was a knock on the door. Maddy slowly got out of her bed and opened the door. Although it was midnight, the faerie realm wasn't completely dark. It was fairly bright outside. It was always bright in the Faerie Realm. The moment she opened the door, Ella grabbed hold of Maddy's shoulder with her two hands and started flying.

"What the hell!" Maddy started shouting as she struggled to free herself. They were too far away for anyone to hear.

Hundreds of thoughts were going on in Maddy's mind. Now that she thought about it, Ella had only told her to meet her at midnight. She never specifically told that she would teach Maddy how to call the dagger at midnight. Maddy had been so foolish to think that not all faeries were cunning. Just because Lila had been so nice to her, Maddy had assumed that Ella would be just as sweet to her.

"Let me go!" Maddy shouted as she took out her dagger and wildly started moving it above her head, hoping to hit Ella.

"Do you want to get us both killed?" Ella hissed. "Stop struggling or you'll fall."

Maddy looked down as saw that they were quite high up in the sky. Maddy gulped audibly and stopped struggling. Although she wasn't afraid of heights, she wasn't a fan of it either. She would rather see where she was being taken and then fight her way out rather than plummet to her death.

After three minutes of flying, Ella slowed down near a thick bunch of bushes. When Maddy was sure that she could jump without breaking her leg, she pushed Ella away before they could land. She dropped to the ground in a crouching position and immediately started running.

"What are you doing?" Ella asked.

Maddy didn't wait to answer. She wasn't stupid enough to answer about what she was doing. She started running towards the trees with Ella flying behind her. If she could make it towards the trees, she would have an advantage. It will be hundred times harder for Ella to fly between the trees and their branches.

Unfortunately, Maddy wasn't able to execute her plan. With a sudden burst of speed, Ella reached Maddy, grabbed her by the shoulders and made her turn towards herself.

"What are you trying to do?" Ella demanded.

"What do you think I am doing?" Maddy asked as she grit her teeth and tried to free herself once again. "I won't let myself be kidnapped a third time. This is getting ridiculous."

Reflexively, Maddy wrenched herself out of Ella's grip, got hold of Ella's hand and flipped her over her shoulder. Ella was light so it was easy for Maddy to flip her like how Jeremy had taught her. Ella went tumbling down.

"I am not trying to kidnap you," Ella said as she groaned and got up.

That stopped Maddy from running away. Faeries couldn't tell lies unless Ella found a way to start telling lies. "Tell me that you aren't going to harm me and then I'll listen to whatever you have to stay."

"I haven't come to harm you. Any friend of Lila's is my friend too. I thought I told you that I would come at midnight to teach you how to call your dagger to yourself."

"Then why did you grab me and suddenly start flying?"

"Because I am not supposed to be teaching you all this. If other faeries catch me doing this, they might tell on me."