|36| Madison

Brigette held her palms out and following the movement of her palm, snow from the ground floated about. Maddy's jaw dropped as she watched Brigette controlling the snow. It looked as though Brigette was the real-life version of Elsa. She had totally forgotten about the possibility of the faeries having elemental powers! She hadn't seen any faeries us those powers so she assumed they didn't have them but seeing Brigette make the snow float up, made it clear that Maddy was wrong.

In the blink of the eye, all the snow rushed towards Maddy. "Oh shit," Maddy muttered as she ran and took cover behind the tree. The snow hit the space where she had been standing two seconds ago.

Maddy took a lump of snow and threw it at Brigette's face. Brigette easily dodged it by flying. Maddy took another snowball and was about to throw it when a snowball hit her in the face. Maddy stumbled back but it didn't feel cold. It was all just a simulation.

For the next two minutes, Maddy kept the faeries engaged by throwing snow on them. Her arms were sore from throwing.

Suddenly, Maddy saw Nick flying towards her at an alarmin speed. Maddy picked up a snowball and threw it at his face. Nick wasn't able to dodge it in time and it hit him smack in the middle.

"Enough!" he roared as he continued flying towards Maddy. He grabbed Maddy by her waist without stopping. Now, Maddy had always dreamed of being swooped up like that by some hot dude, but she didn't appreciate her opponent carrying her like that.

Nick's shoulder had a bite mark made by one of the werewolves. Pressing on that wound, Maddy kneed him in the nuts before they could get too high up in the air. Her kick wasn't that powerful because of how close they were but combined with her pressing on the wound, she did enough damage for him to drop her. Maddy fell to the ground, the snow cushioning her fall.

Nick slowly stopped and eyed Maddy warily. He clearly thought that Maddy was the weak link among the four and wanted to take her out but Maddy would show him just how much of a pain in the butt she could be when she tried.

Maddy took a lump of snow and threw it at him, aiming for the wings. Like Brigette, he fell down but unlike Brigette's wings, his started freezing. Nick didn't look like his frozen wings were hurting him but he did look pissed. Good. People made more mistakes when they were angry.

Nick growled, sounding a lot like a werewolf and then started running towards Maddy. He was insanely fast but Maddy saw the perfect chance to trip him. She sidestepped in the last moment and stuck her leg out. Nick tripped over her leg and fell face forward into the snow. It felt good to be the one standing instead of being the one who usually tripped.

Maddy started running towards where the others were. She knew that as soon as the faeries left, she would get an earful from Xander for leaving the damn circle but she needed to make sure that the egg was away from the faeries reach. Suddenly something hit her back and Maddy stumbled.

She turned around, expecting Nick to have a snowball ready for her but instead, she saw that Nick had his palms turned towards Maddy like how Brigette had done to control the snow. From Nick's palms, streams of orange fire came out. That must be the reason why Nick's wings frosted. He had the power over fire and probably needed to be warm and the snow affected him a lot.

The fire coming out of Nick's palms nearly hit Maddy's chest. Maddy scrambled behind the tree. Although the fire had only come near Maddy and hadn't even touched her, it nearly burnt her. Maddy rubbed her chest.

Maddy started running as fast as she could. Nick followed Maddy but couldn't catch up as he wasn't used to running with legs. When Maddy reached the others, she saw that the faeries were nowhere to be seen. Xander, Jeremy and Alexa had shifted to their human forms. Maddy turned back to see that Nick too had disappeared.

Maddy walked towards the others, expecting Xander to be pissed about her disobeying his orders but instead he broke into a grin. "Snowballs? Seriously?"

Maddy shrugged. "At least it worked. Where is the egg?"

"Hidden in a very secure place where the faeries definitely won't be able to get," Alexa replied.

"Are you hurt?" Xander said as he looked her up and down, searching for signs of bruises.

"Nope although I can't say the same for Nick. I don't think he'll be able to have kids anymore."

Xander and Jeremy winced while Alexa just laughed at their reaction.

"Do you know what elemental powers Cordelia and Axel have? Brigette could control the snow and Nick nearly burnt me," Maddy said as she sat down between Xander and Jeremy.

"What? I thought you said you weren't hurt?" Xander demanded.

Maddy rolled her eyes. Ever since the fight at the Valencia hotel, Xander had become extremely overprotective. Although it was cute and everything, it could get extremely annoying.

"I said he nearly burnt me. He seemed to control the fire element."

"Axel probably has nature powers," Jeremy said. "He always fought near the trees."

"Why didn't they use their powers in the first when we ambushed them?" Alexa asked frowning.

Xander shrugged. "They probably wanted to keep it secret and take us by surprise. Besides, their elemental power doesn't seem to be as strong as their illusionary powers which is probably why they use illusions so much more."

"Are you sure that the egg is in a safe place?" Maddy asked worriedly. The faeries would without doubt try to steal it back from them. She didn't ask where the egg was as she feared that the faeries might be still hiding with an illusion but she need to make sure that the egg was hidden properly.

"Trust me," Jeremy said. "They won't get where it is hidden even if they search all day."