|44| Madison

Outside, Maddy took a cab to Krithika's place, or at least what she thought to be Krithika's place. The GPS showed that it would take 30 minutes to reach there.

It was silent in the cab which allowed Maddy to overthink. She could think of a hundred different things that could go wrong. Now that she was all alone in the cab, she could hear her thoughts even though she wanted to shut them out. Throughout the ride, Maddy fidgeted with her bag. To say that she was nervous was an understatement. It was the first time she was going alone to enemy territory. All the other times, she had the others with her and that made her much more comfortable and confident.

Taking a deep breath, she cracked her knuckles. There was no reason to get nervous. She was only scouting the place. Not actually going to fight. The cab driver gave her a weird look on seeing her freaking out in the back of his cab but he didn't question her.

After some time, the cab screeched to a halt. Maddy hurriedly got out and paid the driver. She looked at her surroundings. She was in a fairly populated part of the city. Looking around, Maddy began to wonder how Krithika could keep all the werewolves hidden in such a busy place. She must have another secret laboratory located somewhere else Maddy decided. That was probably where she hid all the werewolves while this house was just for show.

It wasn't difficult to spot Krithika's house. It was the biggest house in the neighborhood. The house was lavish to say the least. The house had a huge gate that was twice the height of Maddy. The house had two storey and was pink and white in color on the outside. In front of the house was a huge lawn. The lawn was bordered with thick bushes that were perfectly trimmed. Beside the house was a garage. The front porch of the house was beautifully decorated. Maddy had no doubt that the inside of the house would be heavily monitored and guarded. There was no way she could enter without tripping some sort of alarm.

Maddy slowly opened the gate and walked inside. No alarm bells started ringing. So far so good. Maddy made her way towards the house. If anyone did catch her, she would just say that she was a lost tourist and hope that they didn't find her dagger.

Maddy hid near the garage with her eyes trained on the front door of the house. She wanted to track every single movement of Krithika's. If her assumption was correct, then the laboratory where Leia was being kept would be somewhere else. If Maddy wanted to find the place where Leia was being kept, she would have to follow Krithika.

Maddy waited in the garage for an hour. Maddy was counting the number of leaves on one tree out of boredom, when the front door of the house opened. Immediately, Maddy's attention snapped to the door.

Walking through the door was a woman. Maddy couldn't see clearly but she noticed that the woman had dark brown blackish hair like most Indians. She was tall too. As she came closer, Maddy realized that it was the heels that made her look tall. She looked to be of Maddy's height. She was wearing a suit and was hurriedly walking towards the garage with her heels click-clacking.

With a jolt, Maddy realized that the woman was walking towards the very garage where Maddy was hiding. Maddy quickly ducked behind some sort of a mini cupboard with transparent doors and various tools inside. Maddy crouched and waited for the woman to take her car and get going.

Maddy recognized the woman. It was without doubt none other than Krithika herself. Maddy recognized her from the picture she found on the web. She had the same snub nose and thin lips.

Thankfully, Krithika didn't realize that Maddy was hiding in the garage. She definitely wasn't a werewolf, Maddy decided. A werewolf would have been able to detect her easily. Krithika was busy talking to someone on the phone and was moving her hands animatedly.

"Try the same thing once again but this time give a gap of 8 hours," Krithika said as she unlocked her car and got into it.

After a few seconds pause, she continued, "No. I don't care. I need the process to be started when I reach there."

Maddy perked up on hearing the last sentence. Perhaps Krithika was going to the secret laboratory.

That was the only thing Maddy could hear the car door shut and the car's engine whirred to life. Werewolf superhearing would have been helpful but unfortunately, Maddy was all alone.

The moment Krithika left the garage, Maddy made a dash towards the gate. She was no longer worried about getting caught. All that she was worried about was following Krithika. The moment she reached the streets she got into an auto rickshaw that was waiting nearby. It was unusual to find an empty auto rickshaw just waiting nearby and Maddy sent a quick prayer of thanks to God for that small help. It was the small things that counted.

"Follow the black car!" Maddy shouted hurriedly to the driver who was standing beside his vehicle, as she got into the rickshaw.

The driver gave Maddy a puzzled look.

"उस गाड़ी की पीछा करो!" Maddy said translating her previous sentence to Hindi. It had been a long time since she had spoken Hindi and Maddy had no doubt that she had spoken it wrong but as long as the driver understood, she was fine with it.

When the driver didn't move, Maddy rubbed her index finger and thumb finger together making the universal sign for money.

"Double money," she said as she kept a lookout for the black car. It had gone quite ahead but fortunately, due to traffic, it wasn't out of sight yet.

The driver seemed to have understood that she was willing to pay double the money because he immediately got into the front seat of the vehicle and started it.