|51| Madison

Maddy wasn't sure when exactly she lost conscious- probably somewhere around the number forty eight- but since that time, Maddy drifted in and out of conscious.

When she did finally wake up, she found herself sleeping on a very comfortable bed. Maddy tried to figure out how she got there. It was the kind of feeling you get when you fall asleep on the couch only to wake up in your bed and then you realize that your parents must have carried you from the couch to the bed. Maddy figured that Alexa, Xander and Jeremy must have gotten to her in time.

Maddy looked around herself and immediately recognized where she was. She was back in her room in the hotel. The mess in front of the mirror from when Maddy tried to put her makeup was a dead giveaway.

Maddy wiggled her toes, trying to see if she could move her leg without it hurting. Her toes moved perfectly fine but when Maddy tried to move her leg, pain shot up her leg.

"Maddy! You are awake!"

Maddy snapped her head to the direction of the voice. The familiar sight of the black haired and blue eyed she wolf made Maddy grin widely.

"Leia! Thank god you are alright," Maddy said, relief pouring through her.

Leia, who had been sitting on Alexa's bed, rushed forward to give Maddy a hug but stopped at the last moment. She took two steps back and stood there.

On seeing that Maddy was confused as to why she suddenly refrained from hugging Maddy, Leia said, "Your shoulder is still heeling."

"Oh!" Maddy said. "For a second I thought it was because I smell."

Leia wrinkled her nose. "You do smell," she informed Maddy.

"Thanks for letting me know," Maddy replied sarcastically. "I totally didn't figure out that I smelled horrible considering the fact that I am covered with my own blood and god knows what horrible stuff from the drain I climbed."

Leia grinned. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"Where are the other werewolves from that lab?" Maddy asked worriedly.

"The others are currently dealing with it."

"Oh," Maddy said as she relaxed and leaned back.

"You saved around fifty werewolves!" Leia exclaimed. "Do you even know what that means?"

"No?"

"All those fifty werewolves were from all around the world. By helping them you've gained favors from packs from all around the world."

"Wow."

Leia narrowed her eyes. "Don't think that I forgot that you went against my father's orders, went against Xander's orders too, went all the way to the bad guys' lair and managed to get caught there. Wait, I think I forgot something."

Leia paused and put on a thoughtful expression and at that point of time Maddy knew that she was going to get busted by Leia. "Oh yeah, you all so managed to get freaking shot! Not once but twice! You almost died!"

Maddy smiled sheepishly. "You would have done the same for me," Maddy pointed out.

"That's the only reason I am not killing you right now. Once we go back, you are grounded for a month. You've had enough adventure to last a lifetime."

"You are not my mother," Maddy said as she pouted. "You have absolutely no authority to ground me."

When Leia didn't say anything Maddy frowned. She expected Leia to say something along the lines of 'Be glad I am not your mother. If I was your mom, you would be caged in the basement of my house' but she just remained silent.

"What happened?" Maddy prodded.

Leia winced. "There has been a slight problem."

"Which is..." Maddy prodded Leia once again.

"You see, your mom has been getting impatient. It has been practically two months since you've been gone. School is going to start. As much as she trusts my dad, she is getting worried.

Yesterday, she called Tristan and demanded that she wanted to hear from you. Tristan told her that he got you a new phone. After giving dad a fifteen-minute lecture on how he shouldn't spoil you, she called your new phone. When you didn't pick up, she was pissed and worried. She figured that something was wrong. She called Tristan until he told her what was going on."

Maddy remembered the missed call that she had seen while she was in the laboratory. "What did Tristan tell her?" Maddy asked anxiously.

"Dad initially told her the usual cover story. We were all vacationing blah blah blah but accidentally he blurted out that you got kidnapped."

"How do you accidentally blurt out that someone got kidnapped?"

"He said and I quote, 'Maddy is perfectly fine. It is not like she got kidnapped and was brought all the way to California.' You know that dad is afraid of your mom. Even Alphas are scared of certain things, your mom being one of them. He nervously blurted that out."

Maddy groaned. She knew that Tristan was afraid of her mom. Even she was afraid of her mom. Her mom could be downright terrifying at times, like the time when she caught Maddy reading Wattpad at the middle of night after Maddy had wished her good night.

"And then what happened?"

Leia grimaced. "Dad had previously told her that we were vacationing in California since we were already supposed to leave in a week. On hearing that statement your mom got concerned. And by concerned, I mean she kept on asking dad until he finally relented and told her that you got kidnapped by mistake by one of his rivals from work who mistook you for me."

Maddy groaned and buried her face in her hands. "There was no way this conversation ended well."

"It did not end well. Currently, your mom is on the way to California to make sure that you are fine."

Oh shit. Maddy didn't need the matefinder's future telling abilities to know that her mom barging into werewolf territory searching for her could end in only one way. Horribly wrong. 

~The end~

Hope you like the story! The third book will be coming out soon. I'm not sure when exactly but I'll post a new chapter letting you know when I decide on the date. You can add this book to your library and follow me so that you get notified when I update.

I've also created a form where you can give your feedback on my book so that I can improve my writing skills. If you have liked the story or even if you haven't like the story, make sure to fill the form. The responses are anonymous. The link is in the inline comment. -->