|18| Madison

The next two days went by slowly. They had nothing to do other than think of the various possibilities that could happen and be prepared for them. By then, Maddy knew all the exits by heart.

It was currently 5 in the evening. The park closed at 6 so they decided to go there and hide until 9. Maddy slept through the day, so she wasn't even a tad bit tired. Xander and Maddy were currently at the ground floor of the hotel, waiting for Jeremy and Alexa to come down.

"You weren't this worried when we had to lure out all the rogues," Maddy mused out loud as she saw Xander walk back and forth with anxiety.

"Because I was there with you the entire time," Xander grumbled. "Now they might separate you and Alexa from me and Jeremy and then what?"

"It's simple. Me and Alexa will bust their asses."

Xander's lips twitched but it was gone in a second. "Now, have you taken your dagger and mobile?"

Maddy patted her back pocket to check if she had her phone. She didn't want to take her new phone as it might get damaged but Jeremy refused to allow anyone to go until each and every person carried their own phone. Especially Maddy since she couldn't communicate using the pack link either.

She then checked her shoes. Like all the cliché movies, she hid her dagger there. She didn't know where else to hide it.

"I have everything."

After everyone came and they checked whether they had all their phones, they set out. Maddy and Alexa were wearing slightly muddied clothes to look like they were the prisoners. Earlier that day, Alexa went to the salon to get her makeup done in such a way that she looked very different. She also wore eye contact lenses to make sure that no one figured out that she and Xander were twins. That would ruin everything. Both, Maddy and Alexa's hands were loosely tied with some rope. It was loose enough for Maddy and Alexa to break free from it whenever they wanted, but looked as though it was tightly tied.

They took a cab to Cubbon Park. It was a little difficult to cover up the fact that Maddy and Alexa's hands were tied behind their backs but when Xander and Jeremy walked directly behind them, you couldn't make out the tied hands. When they reached there, Maddy and Alexa were roughly dragged out of the cab. It was done inconspicuously to not draw too much attention but if you looked closely, you would see that something was not right. Maddy and Alexa purposely kept their heads down low. They weren't sure if the people from the dark market were actually watching them but they couldn't take chances.

When they went in, Maddy couldn't help but look around the park. She recognized the surroundings. She distinctly remembered coming here several years ago when she had visited Bangalore along with her cousins. She had spent a lot of time playing with her cousins and at one point, when one of her cousins was climbing a tree, he had fallen and broken his arm. Maddy didn't realize that she had stopped walking until Xander who was walking behind her, bumped into her.

"Don't try any tricks, human," Xander growled. "Keep walking."

Lost in all the nostalgia, Maddy had completely forgotten about where she was. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Maddy kept on moving.

They took a walk around the park, looking for places to hide after the park closed. Time passed on but they still couldn't find anywhere to hide. The clock was ticking so they decided to just hide in the trees. There was a bunch of trees close together. They decided to climb those trees as the large number of trees would hide them. Maddy had expected to have some difficulty while climbing but it was fairly easy. Guess some tree climbing qualities from her childhood were still there in her.

For the next three hours, they stayed on top, waiting. She felt so stiff and bored. She had no doubt that she wouldn't be able to sit properly for the next few days. Her legs were numb and Maddy had to wiggle her toes to make sure that her leg was still attached to her body.

Maddy thought of climbing down and taking a walk around the park. There were no guards inside the park so she wasn't afraid of being caught but she was scared that if she randomly took a walk and her supposed 'imprisoner' just let her do it, the people from the shipping company might be suspicious. So, she just that there and let her butt freeze off. The things she did for Leia.

Maddy was so bored that she fell asleep. She was awakened roughly by Xander. She was about to shove him back and tell him to never ever wake her up like that when she remembered that she was supposed to be submissive. She settled with glaring at Xander.

Finally, the time came for the meet up with the people from the people who sold Leia. They seemed to be like the middle man between tooth-necklace lady and the 'usual customer.' It was sick to think that people actually trafficked fellow human beings. Or in this case, fellow werewolves. Somehow, the fact that they did werewolf-trafficking made her hate the rogues more than when they kidnapped her.

Maddy climbed down the tree on Xander's command or more like stumbled down the tree. What? She had been sitting for three continuous hours in one place and her legs were numb and tingling. You can't possibly expect her to gracefully climb down the tree. Whatever childhood memory she had of climbing trees only helped her climb up the tree not the other way around.

Maddy wondered how they would find the people who sold Leia in the huge park but she didn't have to worry because the moment the four of them climbed down, another person appeared from the shadows. He looked like the exact opposite of what Maddy thought the bad guys would look like. Maddy expected some bulky guy with scars all over his body and maybe missing a few front teeth (Don't judge her. All her knowledge about human trafficking came from books and movies) but the guy looked to be quite normal like the kind of person who blended in a crowd. He was clean shaven and quite smartly dressed. If Maddy met him on the streets, she would have pegged him for a business man.

The man didn't say anything. He just started walking forward, obviously expecting them to follow. Xander grabbed Maddy's hand harshly and pulled her along. 

Helping the Wolves (Madison Joshi and the Wolves series- Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara