|38| Madison

Cordelia roared with frustration and kicked Maddy. Maddy went flying and landed on the snow. It was lucky that the snow managed to cushion her fall or she would have ended up hitting her head and dying instantly. Maddy blacked out for a few seconds. Maddy had no idea how she was even conscious. She should have definitely passed out after a fall from such a height.

Groaning, Maddy tried to get up. The keyword being tried. It hurt to move any part of her body. She probably broke like all her bones. The fall was from quite a height. Xander, Alexa and Jeremy immediately rushed to her.

Jeremy was the first to reach her as he was the closest to her. "Shit!"

Jeremy tried to lift her up but the moment he touched Maddy, she flinched. It hurt bad. The flinch caused her other parts of the body to hurt and soon she was gritting her to stop herself from crying in front of everyone. She would absolutely not cry in front of everyone. Definitely not in front of the faeries. No matter how hard she tried to control her tears, a few drops did leak out. Maddy blinked them away. She couldn't use her hands to wipe away her tears. Maddy just slept there in the awkward position, focusing on breathing in and out.

Alexa and Xander soon reached her. They both were wide-eyed and looked horrified.

Maddy slowly tried to get up. She placed her palms on the ground and ever so slowly pushed herself up. It hurt like hell but she forced herself to do it. No need to give everyone a scare.

Xander immediately tried to help her but Maddy just gave him a watery smile. "I'm perfectly fine," Maddy assured them though it was clear that no one believed her.

"Uh huh," Xander said as he supported Maddy's back with one hand and picked her up in the bridal style. Maddy let out a shout of surprise as her entire body started aching. Maddy had no clue where and all she was hurt. Everything seemed to be on fire.

Maddy saw from the corner of the eye that Cordelia had landed on the ground to her right and was smirking at Maddy's conditions. Maddy rolled her eyes. Looked like she found the mean girl among the faeries. Maddy watched as Alexa shifted to her wolf form all of a sudden and pounced on top of Cordelia and started growling and clawing at Cordelia. Cordelia didn't even have time to defend herself. Maddy was sure that Alexa would have killed Cordelia had they not been interrupted by the arrival of Tatiana.

"Stop," Tatiana ordered as the simulation faded away and Maddy saw that they were standing in the middle of the Arena. Alexa snarled at her too before backing away.

When Tatiana saw Maddy's condition, she pressed her lips into a thin line. She didn't look like she was worried, more like she felt that Maddy was a nuisance and a waste of time.

"It was a draw. Both me and Cordelia were holding the egg at the end of the hour," Maddy announced with confidence.

"We can talk about this later. After Maddy has been healed," Xander growled.

Maddy lifted her head to look at Xander and nearly yelped. He looked downright murderous. Maddy had never seen him so pissed. Not when Katie, had insulted her, not when they were kidnapped by tooth-necklace lady and not when Maddy killed his favorite fictional character.

Ignoring Xander, Tatiana started speaking, "We will be having another competition to break the tie. That will be held tomorrow."

Xander just grunted and started walking towards the door leading to the castle.

"Hell to the no," Maddy shouted to Tatiana as she gently nudged Xander, asking for him to stop. "We aren't having any other competitions."

Xander glowered at Maddy before stopping on Maddy's request. The initial pain had faded away to the background. Now that she was settled comfortably against Xander, Maddy didn't feel any pain. It only pained her when she was moving. It was a pity that Maddy couldn't enjoy being held in Xander's arms because of the pain and the faerie games.

"How will we decide if you are to be killed or left alone then?" Tatiana asked with her hands on her hips.

"You said that if we lose, you will kill us and we didn't lose. It was a draw. You never mentioned that we needed to win to be left alone," Maddy said triumphantly.

Tatiana opened her mouth to say something but no voice came out of her mouth. The look on Tatiana's face when she realized that she had been beaten in her own game was priceless. Maddy grinned at Tatiana. They weren't going to be killed.

Tatiana huffed out loudly before turning to the crowd. Her eyebrows were drawn together and her lips were turned downwards in a frown. "The games have come to an end. It is a draw."

With that Tatiana abruptly left the arena.

Xander hurried out after her with Maddy in his arms and Jeremy and Alexa following her. Soon, they reached the rooms where they were staying. Xander slowly laid Maddy down on her bed. It hurt at first, but on shifting slightly Maddy felt comfortable in her bed. The bed was soft and fluffy which was a blessing.

Xander, Alexa and Jeremy hustled about bringing her food and trying to figure out where exactly she was hurt. Maddy insisted that she didn't need them taking care of her as though she was some sort of princess but everyone ignored her.

To be honest, Maddy never liked being the center of attention. Especially not when she hurt herself. She didn't like people fussing over her as that only made her embarrassed. Maddy knew that there was no reason for being embarrassed for getting hurt. Everyone did get hurt at some point of time but that didn't stop Maddy from feeling ashamed every time she got hurt.