|47| Madison

Maddy ran in the opposite direction of the approaching guard as she wracked her brains on how to knock them out. She could use her dagger but she didn't want to use it unless it was absolutely necessary. The dagger could cause some serious damage to the werewolves if it fell into the wrong hands.

Suddenly, she got an idea. Grinning to herself, she once again climbed the staircase leading to the third floor. As soon as she reached the three unconscious bodies of the first three guards, Maddy bent down and picked one gun. With the gun in her hand, she climbed down the staircase and faced the five men.

All the five men skidded to a stop the moment they saw the gun in her hand. They seemed to contemplating on what to do next.

"Move and I will shoot you," Maddy said with as much confidence she could muster. She positioned the gun so that the open end was pointed at them and placed her index finger on the trigger.

One of the men tried to step forward, calling Maddy's threat as bluff. Immediately, Maddy shot at the ceiling. That guy jumped up in the air with fright. He immediately backed away. Grinning at them, Maddy stepped forward.

"I am assuming that you've understood that I don't make empty threats. Now I want all of you to slowly walk down the corridor," Maddy said.

They all did walked exactly like how Maddy instructed them to do. When they came across a room on the right side, Maddy asked one of the guards to open the door. On seeing that the room was empty, Maddy commanded the five men to get into the room.

"Any sudden moves and I'll shoot your head off," Maddy warned them.

The moment all of them were inside the room, Maddy shut the door. Using the bunch of keys that she had taken from the previous group of guards, Maddy locked the door. It took some time to find the correct key, but she managed to do it.

Maddy then walked up the staircase and took the other two guns from the unconscious guards. She realized how foolish she had been. Someone could have easily taken one of the guns and shot her. Taking the two guns, Maddy hid them in the first room that she had entered into through the drain pipe.

Maddy sat down in the room to catch her breath. Running up and down the staircase had made her a little breathless. While she rested, Maddy wracked her brains to figure out how to unlock the cages. Even if she did manage to find the werewolves, how would she open the cages? Maddy doubted that the keys to the cages were present with the bunch of keys that she had stolen. That was too easy. She was sure that the keys were hidden somewhere else. But where could they be hidden?

Suddenly a thought occurred to her. The cages were made of silver, right? Maybe...

Maddy hurriedly flicked on the switch to that room. Even though it was bright outside, this specific room somehow remained dark. Must be the angle at which the sun was falling. As the tube light flickered and switched on, Maddy looked around the room. There was a vast number of bottles and containers with different colored liquids and powders.

Maddy locked the door to the room and started to go through the bottles. Her fingers moved from bottle to bottle trying to find something specific. Maddy distinctly remembered learning that nitric acid could dissolve silver. If she was indeed right, she could use the acid to dissolve all the cages and free the werewolves without hurting them.

Maddy finally found small bottles of nitric acid. The liquid was transparent in color. In some bottles, she even found yellow colored nitric acid. It let out some sort of irritating and suffocating smell. Maddy couldn't exactly describe what the odor felt like but whatever it was, it made her eye irritable. Maddy had to blink several times as though something entered her eyes.

Maddy quickly emptied the plastic bag that she had been carrying with the different chemicals and instead filled them with as many bottles of nitric acid that she could get her hands on.

Just as she opened the door of the room, Maddy saw several guns pointed at her. Eyes widening, Maddy immediately closed the door and locked it. Taking a deep breath in Maddy wracked her brains for a solution. They still hadn't shot her which meant that they were waiting for her. She could stay in the room and wait, but the wait might cost the life of a werewolf. Not to mention the fact that the longer she waited, the more likely it was that the unconscious guards would wake up.

Maddy quickly took out her phone. She shot a text to Xander explaining what she was doing currently. She also sent him her current location. That way even if she got caught by the humans, Xander knew where to find her and the other werewolves.

After putting her phone on silent, Maddy decided to figure out how to distract the guards waiting for her. She could use the gun that she had in the room, but with number of guns pointed at her direction, Maddy wouldn't stand a chance.

"Come out now," someone cooed from the other side of the door. "You can't hide forever."

Maddy spotted a cylinder labeled 'Propane Gas.' She grinned evilly as she remembered a YouTube video she saw long ago. Maddy quickly opened the YouTube app and searched for that video that she had seen long ago. It was the first video that popped up.

Following the instructions, Maddy mixed water with the soap in a bowl. Taking the cylinder filled with propane gas, Maddy put the pipe from the cylinder inside the bowl and blew some propane gas into the bowl. Bubbles erupted on the surface of the mixture of water and soap. Maddy slowly went to the door and unlocked the door silently so that the guards on the other side didn't come to know that the door was unlocked. At least, not yet.

Maddy dipped her left hand into the bowl and picked up some of the soapy mixture. Taking a match, Maddy lighted the match using her right hand and brought it closer to the soapy mixture on her left hand. Immediately, the bubbles on her hand caught on fire. The fire that erupted was so huge that it took Maddy by surprise. She was just glad that she hadn't burnt her hand.

"You wanted a fight, right?" Maddy called out. "Come and get me."