|45| Madison

The auto rickshaw drove fast, following the black car. The wind whipped at his hair and Maddy had to hold her hair back to prevent her hair from entering her mouth. Unlike the movies, her hair didn't flow back beautifully and make her look like a siren. All it did was annoy her.

Maddy asked the driver to stay one or two cars behind Krithika's car so that they didn't get noticed. However, problem arose when the black car started moving away from the city and near some abandoned area. There weren't many cars to hide behind and the chance of being caught increased.

When the Krithika took a right and started driving into a jungle, Maddy asked the auto rickshaw to stop. After paying the driver, Maddy started walking towards the jungle. The auto rickshaw couldn't go in there without being caught but Maddy could definitely try following on foot. It would be much slower but at least it would be safer.

The regular coming and going of the black car had led to a wide trail being formed. The grass didn't grow in the place where the car wheels moved. Maddy started to follow the trail. It would lead her to the secret laboratory. Maddy had no idea how Krithika came across such an abandoned place but it was a very good hiding place. Maddy definitely wouldn't have been able to find the place if she hadn't followed her.

After another half an hour of trudging through the jungle, Maddy came across a huge, broken down building. It was in a horrible condition. The paint was peeling off and there was moss growing on some of the walls. As Maddy went closer, she became more cautious. Could this be the laboratory?

Just as she was going to open the door to the laboratory, she heard a distant rumble. It sounded like some vehicle approaching. Maddy immediately dove for the bushes and hid there. A huge truck approached the building and stopped right in front of it.

Two men jumped out of the front seat. They went and knocked on the door to the building. Immediately, about ten men ran out of the building. They opened the door of the back of the truck. After some hard work they removed something from the back of the truck. Maddy felt sick when she saw what the thing was.

The men were bringing out cages, huge cages with wolves inside them. The first cage had a brown colored fur. It was smaller than the average werewolf but he or she made up for her height with her fierceness. The wolf was snarling at all those men trying to move the cage. At one point of time the wolf came into contact with the cage. Rashes started appearing at the place where the wolf touched the cage. Maddy knew without doubt that the cage was made of silver to make sure that the wolves stayed in their cage.

Maddy's heart sunk as she watched the men take the wolf away. Similarly, four other cages were moved from the back the back of the truck to the inside of the truck.

Maddy immediately made up her mind. There was no way she could just scout the place and go away. Those wolves needed her help. They were helpless against silver whereas Maddy wasn't. Maddy wouldn't be able to sleep properly if she didn't help the wolves out. It brought tears to Maddy's eyes when she thought of Leia being brought in a similar manner like that.

Quickly wiping her tears away, Maddy tied her hair into a high ponytail so that it didn't disturb her and sneaked towards the building.

As she approached the door Maddy slowed down. First, she checked for any sorts of alarms or defense systems. When she found nothing, she tried to twist the handle of the door. Naturally, it was locked.

Sighing Maddy looked for other way to enter the building. The building had a huge pipe connected to the side of the house. Maddy had no idea what the pipe was for. Perhaps a drain or some kind of fire exit. Maddy remembered seeing a similar thing in the movie Home Alone 2 when Kevin entered his uncle's house using a similar looking pipe. Deciding that it was worth a short, Maddy walked closer to the drain.

The drain smelled bad and it looked extremely gross but Maddy couldn't figure out any other way to enter the building. Praying to God that no one decides to dump waste at that time, Maddy starts climbing the drain. Making a point to not see where she was putting her hands because she would definitely retch, Maddy climbed up the drain.

Soon, Maddy reached the top. There was some sort of vent cover that blocked her from entering the building. Maddy didn't want to break through the cover as that would make a lot of noise and alert the humans inside. After two minutes of thinking, Maddy took out her dagger and using the sharp tip of her dagger and started unscrewing the screws that held the vent cover to the wall. She got the idea from when she and Alexa tried to sneak into the meeting though the vents. Maddy made a note to thank Alexa later.

As soon as Maddy finished unscrewing the two screws, she grabbed hold of the cover before it could slide down and make a lot of noise. She slowly slid the thing down and stepped out.

Maddy found herself in a dark room. She couldn't see much but she could make out the outline of various tables. It looked to be like some sort of chemistry lab. Perhaps it was the place where all the chemicals were stored.

Maddy quietly stepped out of that room and went to the next room, hoping to find the caged wolves.