|42| Madison

Maddy spent the entire time at night researching about Krithika. There was no internet in the park but Maddy had been saving her mobile data for important times, so she didn't have any problem accessing the internet.

It took Maddy some time, but she soon stumbled on Krithika's LinkedIn profile. There was a lot of educational related information provided in the website. Maddy didn't waste time reading all the information. In the website, she came to know of the institute where she was working.

After a couple of more researches, she stumbled upon the Krithika's address. Maddy quickly noted down the address as a plan started formulating in her mind.

At 6 in the morning, Maddy shook the wolves awake. Guests were starting to arrive and three wolves sleeping would be an unusual sight. Once Xander, Jeremy and Alexa had shifted the four of them started casually strolling around the park, trying to blend in with the other people who had arrived in the park. Maddy had no idea why anyone would get up at such an ungodly hour and come to a park, but she wasn't judging. To each, their own.

Their clothes were a little dirty but overall, they didn't look very shabby so they were able to fit right in. After an hour of walking, they got out of the park.

"Finally," Alexa exclaimed when they stepped out. "Away from all the faeries and all their crap."

The four of them went to the hotel where they were initially staying. The rooms were still booked by them so they didn't need to book another room.

"What about all the people from the dark market?" Maddy asked Alexa while they both were settling back in their room.

"Dad has them staying in another hotel," Alexa replied. "He is trying to figure out where their families are to send them back."

Maddy nodded, happy that the Alpha was taking care of all those people. Maddy went back to scrolling through her phone to see if she could find any more important information.

"Maddy?" Alexa called out.

Maddy looked up from her phone and turned to face Alexa. Alexa was sitting on her bed, cross legged. "Yes?" Maddy replied.

"Between the battle against the rogues and entering the Faerie Realm, did you and Xander do any hanky-panky business?"

"What?" Maddy spluttered.

"You heard me. A kiss or an affair. Did you?"

Maddy's mind immediately went back to the time when she kissed Xander. Her cheeks turned red thinking about it. Why was Alexa asking all of that? "Why do you want to know?"

"Did you?"

"No," Maddy blurted out. She wasn't ready for such a conversation with Alexa. Besides, what she had done was wrong. It was best to forget about it.

Alexa narrowed her eyes with suspicion but didn't push Maddy any further. "Okay."

"Why do you want to know?" Maddy asked once again. She wanted to know why Alexa suddenly brought that up.

"Xander's unusually overprotective about you. Like I haven't seen him like that before. I just wanted to know why he was behaving like that."

Maddy wrinkled her nose. "What do you mean by unusually overprotective? Isn't it his job as an Alpha to be overprotective?"

Alexa shook her head. "You should have seen him after you had broken nearly all your bones. He was prowling like a tiger stuck in a cage. He nearly killed Tatiana. Only when Jeremy and I intervened, did he stop. He nearly started a full-fledged war between the faeries and the werewolves.

Not only that. During the third round of the competition, he didn't want you to fight and get hurt. On the other hand, he had no problem when you fought all the rogues in that battle. Something must have changed in between the battle and entering the Faerie Realm."

Maddy shifted uncomfortably. Alexa was getting too close to figuring out the truth. If Xander didn't have a mate, Maddy wouldn't have had any problem with Alexa knowing that she kissed Xander but since he did have a mate, it made Maddy feel incredibly guilty.

Maddy shrugged nonchalantly. "I don't know. The influence of the moon probably made him act like that."

Alexa nodded although she looked unconvinced. "Yeah, that's probably it."