|17| Madison

"Hey," Maddy said wondering what she should tell next. Should she get straight to the point?

"Be more rude," Xander whispered. "And talk like you are crazy."

Maddy nodded. She was never good in acting and now Leia's life might depend on her acting skills. She would have to act her part.

"Who's this?" the guy from the other end asked sharply.

The problem was that she didn't know tooth-necklace lady's actual name and she couldn't just tell 'hey, I am tooth-necklace lady.' Maddy cackled hoping that she sounded like tooth-necklace lady. 'Just act like Bellatrix Lestrange,' she reminded herself.

"When I sold the black haired, she-wolf to you two weeks ago, you didn't have any problem recognizing me but now you are asking me who I am? Just be glad that we are not having a face-to-face conversation right now. Or else my name carved on your arm with a knife will help you remember me the next time."

There was a loud crash. "Ma... ma'am I'm so sorry that I cou... couldn't recognize you," the guy stuttered. "You called from a different phone so I didn't know."

"Oh, so it's my fault now?" Maddy barked into the phone. She was getting better at this. She could practically hear the guy trembling through the phone.

"No! No. My fault ma'am. All my fault."

Maddy grinned. Tooth-necklace lady had instilled so much of fear that they didn't even doubt that she wasn't the correct person. "Listen. I heard that there has been a mix-up with the she-wolf. Whom did you sell her to?"

That was the cover story that they had decided on. Maddy had to act as if there was some sort of mix-up which was why they needed to know who it was sold to and the buyers location.

"The usual customer, ma'am."

Damn. That was a dead end. She couldn't ask who the 'usual customer' was as that would be suspicious as hell. She turned to the others for help. What was she supposed to do now? This was the only lead they had. They needed to get at least some sort of information about Leia's whereabouts.

Thinking on her feet, she started speaking. "I've got another person to sell to the same customer. Where do I drop her?"

Alexa, Jeremy and Xander shot her alarmed looks. This wasn't what they had planned.

"The usual place will be fine."

Maddy gritted her teeth. Everything was according to 'usual.' Couldn't he drop some sort of information. She took in a deep breath.

"The girl I found is from Bangalore itself. Transporting overseas is not needed. Where should I drop her?"

"I'll find out and tell you. Should I message you in this phone or your old phone?" The guy's voice trembled when he asked her the question. He seemed to be scared of even asking her such a simple question. What on earth did tooth-necklace lady even do to them?

"This phone only. Someone has bugged my other phone. Two of my rogues will be dropping her to whichever place you. They are new so you might not recognize them."

"But-"

"You'll do as I say!" Maddy shouted at the phone.

"Yes ma'am," the guy squeaked. Maddy had to slap her hand on her mouth to stop herself from laughing out loud. The way he kept on calling her ma'am and acted as if she was some sort of dictator was hilarious.

"That's all I have to say for now," Maddy said and without waiting for his response, she cut the call. She fell back on the bed. Her entire body had been tensed during the call. A small slip up could have destroyed that one lead that they had.

"Now whom are we going to take to the drop location? We can't just kidnap a girl from the streets," Xander said frowning.

"You thought we were going to actually kidnap someone? You guys can take me as the prisoner. Once we get there, I can snoop around while you guys keep the workers there distracted."

"Absolutely not," Xander said, his jaw twitching. "Which part of don't put yourself in trouble do you not understand?"

Maddy shrugged. "You guys will be in the next room. If trouble does arise, we can always make a run for it but first we need to try."

Xander was about to argue when Alexa interrupted. "Maddy and I can go as the prisoners and the two of you can go as the rogues. Although it is sexist as hell, I have a feeling that they'll be less suspicious if two females are the prisoners as compared to if one male and one female are prisoners."

"No one is going as the prisoners. Although I want Leia back, risking any of you isn't right," Jeremy said firmly. For the next thirty minutes, Alexa and Maddy argued with Xander and Jeremy. Xander and Jeremy were firmly against the idea, but after a lot of persuasion they agreed.

"If there is any sort of danger, without hesitating we run. No putting yourself in risk," Jeremy said sternly looking at Alexa in the eye. Everyone knew that if danger did present itself, Alexa run towards just for the heck of it. Alexa grumbled and agreed.

It was late at night that Maddy got a message on her phone from an unknow number. '9 pm day after tomorrow Ckub-pon Bar."

Maddy frowned. What kind of bar would name themselves Ckub-pon? Maybe that was a word in the local language of the state. Maddy searched on Google for the directions to that place but found none. Maybe the word was jumbled like the name of the company. Maddy spent some time trying to figure out what the name of the place was.

When she couldn't, she showed the message to the others. For the next fifteen minutes, they spent their time trying to decipher the code.

"Maybe it is a named after a person or something. That will be hard to unjumble," Alexa suggested.

"Maybe it is a park," Jeremy said after sometime. "All the letters are there."

Maddy searched for parks in Bangalore and finally found the place. "Cubbon Park. That's the place."

The four of them spent the rest of the night studying the layout of the park and learning about its surrounding. That would be useful if they had to escape from there all of a sudden. The park was huge. 120 hectares to be exact. That would give them ample space to run.

When they were finally done with strategizing, Maddy and Alexa left Xander and Jeremy, and went to their own room. Maddy didn't realize how tired she was. Not to mention that she had a massive jet lag. The moment her head touched the pillow she fell asleep.