4 ~ Flashbacks

TW: description of cuts, blood and bruises and description of what was left from self harm, alcohol, abuse??, assault, swearing

Imma hold your hand

George was running throughout the school, he didn't know where but he wanted to get away. Eventually, he was located outside of the men's toilets.

He walked in emotionlessly and stared at his reflection in the grubby mirror that stood before him. His face was stained by tears and his left eye almost forced completely shut by the force of the punch that had been thrown at him. His heart shattered and head throbbed.

He both felt and looked awful.

His hair stood on end, wildly pointing in different directions on his head. It was a spruce-brown and was a medium length. It seemed worn and looked as though it hadn't been brushed in months.

His eyes were a matching mocha brown that sat, watery on his pain-inflicted face. The bruise was almost directly under his eye [the left one] and was a purple/blue colour. It looked swelled and it burned.

Anxiously, he peered at his forearm and gagged at the sight. Several cuts snaked down his arm and wrapped around it.

Crimson red blood surrounded the outsides of the cuts and filled the inside of it. Most of it was already dried, but there was occasional droplets of blood that was fresh.

Flashbacks engulfed his mind of his mum and dad, their last fight, their last argument together.

Start of flashback

The toxic aroma of alcohol lingered in the air and suffocated it's surroundings.

"YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING IN THIS HOUSE" Georges dad yelled.

"I do almost everything in this house, you just sit on your butt all day watching tv!" His mother replied, standing up for herself for what seemed like the time in forever. [low-key reminds me of that Frozen song]

"Then fix your attitude dickhead." George's dad retorted.

"Why did we ever get marr-. Why did we ever think we'd work out? It's only hurting us," his mum replied, choking while she cried.

"You don't deserve anyone else, your stuck with me whether you like it or not" warned George's dad [imma call him mark and George's mum Linda] before blasting a full-force punch at her waist.

"Your stuck with me" he repeated.

"Please don't hurt me, I'll do anything" she begged.

Mark stood there for a few seconds before gulping down another bottle of Whiskey. Then, he glared at where Linda had been stood. She was gone. [Guys don't worry she isn't dead]

End of flashback

George's illusions were pushed aside when he heard a sudden creak of the bathroom door.
Quickly, he glanced at the door, expecting it to be a random kid at the school. It wasn't any of them.

"Davison. Class. Now." Mr Smith bellowed at George, clearly not messing around.

Without hesitation, George rushed to class and rolled his eyes when he got outside of the door.

Why am I here? I should have just hid outside and gone back to the bathroom after Mr Smith had left. He thought to himself.

George signed and gently pushed open the large, wooden door.

CREAKKKK

"Why are you late Mr Davison?" Mrs Priest began, before being cut off by George pointing towards the toilets, receiving a confused look from the teacher and the rest of the pupils.

George just rolled his eyes and went to his designated seat at the back of the classroom.

The rest of the class passed by slowly, the everlasting ticking of the clock harmonising through the students ears.

It was peaceful.

-*. Time skip .*-

"Class you are now dismissed" Mrs Priest concluded, signalling with her hands towards the door for people to exit the classroom. People quickly began flooding out of the class, excited to go home. George was one of the last people to leave after he had waited for the majority of the crowd to leave.

Emotionlessly, George wandered towards his locker and opened it, storing his art and math book inside of it.

Heyyyy. It's your best friend the procrastinator Hollie B)

ANYWAYS sorry it's a short(ish) chapter but I'm uploading :)

I keep losing my goddamn voice it's driving me crazy lmao

711 words

21st April 2021