7 ~ "Perfect"

Tw- mentions of bullying, self harm, slight homophobia, mentions of suicide, swearing

This is dreams pov

Clay had a "perfect" life.

He was happy all the time and had the best grades. His parents loved him and he got anything that he wanted. Call that spoiled all you want, but to Clay it was just money setting higher expectations for him in life.

He was wealthy, popular and all the other people at school wanted to be friends with him. Or maybe even more then friends. He was tired of everyone using him for his money, tired of everyone wanting him for popularity.

He could only make assumptions about love as clay had never actually fallen in love with anyone properly before.

It was hard to balance football practice and school with meeting up with his friends, but he managed it.

Clay had nothing wrong with himself, he had the perfect body, the perfect life, the perfect family.

Then why did he surround himself with bullies? People who hurt others for their own satisfaction?

To be "cool"

Right now, he felt the opposite of cool. He felt like a disappointment, like a let-down.

"Don't you think that's too far?" Clay heard slip out of his mouth after someone had told the British kid to unalive themselves after they saw that he had cuts down his sleeve of his arm.

In his opinion, that was too far. Wayyy too far.

The rest of the day was a blur, other then the fact that Clay knocked out the wierd kid who he bullied. [But we don't go into detail of what happened because I wrote it in the other chapter and can't be bothered to write it again <3]

Clay wasn't perfect. Nobody was.

But everything happens for a reason, right?

Nowadays, clay was anxious and terrified on the inside, and popular, cocky and a bit of a jerk on the outside. He'd hang out with the richest people in the school, who happened to be bullies and had the ability to get girlfriends if he really wanted to.

He only really got into relationships to prove to his parents that he can easily live a happy life and have a perfect family. He was only allowed to have boys over if they proved that they weren't dating. His parents were awefully homophobic and stern when it came to Clay making friends. They warned him to only ever get into relationships with girls, as they didn't want Clay to end up as a "disappointment" to the family. They wanted "what was best for him"

Nothing was ever good enough for them. Nothing.

Clay's sister (Drista) was pretty nice, but she was naturally quiet so she was often talked over. She mainly stuck to drawing though, many pictures that she had painted were framed and hung up on the posh, concrete [???] walls. She mostly stayed in her room to avoid any trouble or conversation.

-.* time skip I guess *.-

Right now, clay was walking home with Chloe, his current girlfriend. It would be her first ever time meeting Clays parents (Sarah and Darren) and honestly, Clay was petrified. Sure... Chloe was pretty, but he didn't love her.

She was just an ordinary bitch who thought they owned the world because they wore makeup and fake tan.

"Omg like you'll never believe what my dad bought me yesterday" she began, breaking the awkwardness of the silence.

"Makeup?" Clay guessed, knowing it would be something dumb like that.

"Yes!! And a new pair of sunglasses! We're like so rich" she spoke, with a tinge of bragginess in her voice as she spoke.