22 ~ This isnt a good thing

TW- ambulances, hospitals, mentions of death, death, flashbacks,mentions of alchohol and being drunk

I have a headache but pog through the pain i guess

George sat quietly next to his lying down father.  He waited for the ambulance and paramedics to arrive, he didnt know what else to do other then open the door ready. He grabbed his phone, his hands still shaking, and messaged Wilbur about the situation.

He got a reply back from Wilbur saying that he was coming back to George's house and he'd get there in a few minutes.

The ambulance wailed loudly in the distance until it parked up outside of the house. Paramedics rushed in and attended to his family. They were just taking him in a stretcher when Wilbur arrived in a hurry. He immediately went to hug George and then they were both told to sit in the back of the ambulance until they got to the hospital.

Wilbur parked his bike outside the house and George quickly locked the front door before stepping into the yellow ambulance.

They sat there in silence, George looking at his father and all the paramedics, doctors and nurses attending him while he thought to himself. As much as he haterd his dad for what he did, he would feel very lost if he was gone. What if he died, George's voice inside his head wobbled.

Wilbur had his arm wrapped around George and they sat in silence. The quiet comfort from Wilbur eased Goereg slightly, but it wasn't enough. George twisted slightly and buried his face into Wilbur's shoulder as he was held. The journey was dull and the situation only made it worse.

After what felt like years, the Ambulance came to a stop and everyone rushed into the large building.

[I hate writing about this type of stuff I'm sorry if its terrible]

Wilbur gingerly followed while pulling George with him, they were directed into a waiting room and told to sit there until they were told to come into the room where George's father was being helped.

George sat down next to his friend and leant with his head on the other's shoulder. Wil just wrapped his arm over George's shoulder and messaged Tommy that he wouldn't be home for a few hours and that if his parents come home to tell them that too. He got a reply of a question asking what had happened but Wilbur said he'd explain everything to him later.

They sat there for ages before they were told to enter the room quietly. The nurse looked pale and tired. Oh no, George imagined what was behind the door, his thoughts racing though his head as tough it was a race for which would be victorious. George sighed before standing up and holding out a hand for the other boy to stand up.

He felt guilty for dragging Wilbur into his problems. He really shouldn't have, but Wilbur was proud that George was finally opening up to him.

"Want me to stay in here or come in with you?" He asked George,

"Uhm, come with me please," George weakly smiled as they both walked into the room.

His father lay there cold, a heart monitor hooked up to him while a couple doctors hovered around him compressing his chest trying to help his heartbeat to improve so it could be consistent.

George stood there in shock as he watched the monitor slowly decrease, until there were no beats on the straight line.

His life had crumbled in front of him. George backed away, accidentally bumping into Wilbur, who held his shoulders. George allowed tears to stream down his face as he realised there was nowhere for him to go. Wilbur must have been thinking the same thing as George because he soon whispered "You can probably stay with my family," George nodded in appreciation as the doctors were all gathered around his dad.

He didnt know what to do; so he just ran out of the room. He was soon followed by Wilbur but he was already quite far in front so he could run without being stopped.

He reached a small opening to get into the woods and sat on a branch in a tree. Flashbacks overtook him from when he was younger. Sure, he had a lot of bad memories with his father, but there were still good ones.

=== [name it]

They were ice skating. George was six years old and lived happily with his mum and dad. {before the drinking problem}

George had just learnt to glide through the rink without having to hold onto the rail or his penguin buddy. He skated while holding his parents hands, one on each side of him.

His mother had beautiful gingery-brown hair which flowed down in waves to her elbows. His father had fluffy brown hair which was styled perfectly on top of his head.

They were all laughing and smiling.
They were happy.

=== [also needs name]

George heard distant shouts of his names but ignored them and continued thinking about past memories.

===

It was almost Christmas and they were decorating the Christmas tree. George's dad had wrapped the tinsel and fairy lights around the green artificial tree making it look as though it was done professionally.

Georges mum helped him to place baubles on the spiked branches while his dad lifted him up so he could place the star. The tree was the final part of decorating the whole house for the holidays and they all stepped back taking in the view of it all.

They were all laughing and smiling.
They were happy.

===

The shouts came closer and closer.

===

It was the day before the summer holidays and George had taken sweets into the class for everyone. He'd just gotten home from school when he saw a suitcase on the couch and his mum running around the house gathering things together. She noticed George and ran over before quickly kissing him on his forehead and holding his shoulders. George knew about his dad's recent drinking problem, but he overheard his parents arguing from the kitchen to find out.

"Ive got to for a short while, keep fighting soldier" George's mum wiped a tear from her eye and hugged George.

The last time George was ever going to see her again.

===

George felt someone shaking him desperately, they were talking but George could only hear one phrase repeating in his head,

"Keep fighting soldier."

HEyyyyyy

Things will get happier at the end i think, I kind of went way off the plan a while ago, oopsies i guess

Uhh yeha i wrote this chapter in the car

Oink^

28st April 2021

1120 words :,]