9~

*THUTH*

"Rory!?" I hear Steve say. He sounded like he was above me. Did he.. Did he just jump down the elevator? I mean he is Captain America, but man..

"I'm gonna jump down ok, stand back!" I quickly walked to a chorner of the elevator. "Ok, I'm ready." I should really ask him if he's ready.

And after hearing a few loud bangs, there he was Steve in his....Ok, Wait a damm minute!

"How dare you not safe me in your Captain America suit!?" I was about to throw hands, but before I could, Steve interupted me.

"Rory, we dont have time for this. We don't know when or if the elevator starts moving." he said with a serious dad face, honestly he would make a great dad. Probably better than Tony Stark. He picked me up and put me on his back.

"Hold on tightly, ok!?"

"Got it." and with that, he climed all the way to the.. What ever floor he was on.

"So uh.. Heyy.. You wanna hear some bad elevator jokes for on the way?" I ask steve, I could already picture the confused look on his face, because you know I could not really see his face from this angle.

"Okee... didn't hear any noooo's" I could basically hear the eye roll.

"Please, don't.." I could hear the pain in his voice.

"I'm terrified of elevators, I've been taking STEPS to avoid them."

"Why do they call them lifts in the UK & elevators in the US? Because we're RAISED differently."

"I was looking for a pun in the elevator, but it let me DOWN."

"Why did the sad ghost take the elevator? To LIFT his spirit."

"Elevator puns are bad on so many-."

"We get it Rory!" I hear Steve say.

"Ok Captain America, Sir!" I said salluting him, but instantly recreting it because I forgot that I was supposed to hold on to him. I quickly put my hand back around his neck trying not to choke him.

"Ok, I'm sorry please hurry up." I said closing my eyes.

"Were almost there, just don't look down." As soon as he said that I looked down.

"Shit, I looked down!" I could hear him mumble stuff like, "how the hell is this kid smart enough to hack Starks system." rudeee.

He pulled me from his back on to the floor that had an open elevator door with the help of his shield. I wanted to help Steve, but you know.. He's a super soldier, so he didn't really need my help. Before I could mutter a thank you to Steve for saving me, Stark had his arms around me and lifted me up.

"Don't ever do that to me again!"

"Aww where you worried about me?"

".. No.." he quickly removed me from his bear-like hug.

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were!"

"No I was-"

"Excuse me." O right.. Ponytail, I completely forgot about her. Way to ruin the mood.

"I think it's time for Rory to leave." She said with a sad smile. Ok, maybe she wasn't completely evil.

"Come on Rory." She put her hand on my shoulder to lead me to the stairs. Well I guess it was fun for as long as it lasted, but you know, it's time to grow up? ... Wait that doesn't make sense, this story isn't about growing up.. Man, I was trying to give a speech but that was terrible, then again, try to keep in mind that I'm not Captain America, I'm-

"Rory! Wait!" I hear Tony say.

"Can't she stay with us, you know as her foster family!"... A family...