Time will tell

EDITED

Y/N's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to meet the bright light on the ceiling as I sat up a bit.

I looked around and thought I must be in the lounge area, as I glanced around the lounge and see a silver-nette haired boy.

"I think his name is silver if I am correct?" I thought to myself as stared into space.

"I see your awake," the silver-nette said turning to me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh I'm sorry did I stare off into space?" I asked him nervously, he shakes his head in response.

"My bad, I apologize, you must be Silver? Correct?" I asked him curiously.

"Yes, and there is no need to apologize,"  he said smiling a bit.

Oh, I'm sorry- ah! I'm sorry!-, ah damn it!" I kept repeating myself and Silver chuckled a little at my silly behaviour while I was blushing madly in embarrassment.

We both chuckled at how silly I was for a few minutes, after that we went back to our normal selves.

"If I may ask? Why did the old man keep you a secret?" Silver asked raising an eyebrow at me in confusion.

"That's a secret," I said with a hint of mischief in my voice.

"Now if you excuse me, I'll go find the others," I said getting off the couch.

~{Timeskip}~

I was walking around trying to the others as I walked around the dorm.

I walked past the kitchen but backed up a tiny bit to see Sebek, Malleus and Lilia in the kitchen arguing about something.

"Lilia-sama no!" Sebek said panicking a bit.

"Lilia why must always burn everything when it comes to cooking," Malleus said sighing in defeat.

"Says the one who burned my hair to this length as a newborn fae!" Father shot back at Malleus and Malleus went over to the corner and sulked.

"Oh, there you guys are! What happened here?" I asked looking at the three of them.

"Lilia-sama burnt the food for this evening's dinner!" Sebek said to me panicking.

"Yeah...he was never a good cook," I said sighing sadly.

"But I know how to cook!" I said brightening up Sebek and Malleus's faces a bit.

"Really!?!" Sebek smiling happily at me.

"Yes indeed I do," I said to them reassuringly trying to calm them down.

"Thank you Y/N for volunteering," Malleus said getting up off the ground and walking over to me smiling.

"It's no problem Malleus really, now how about you three get out while I cook dinner for us," I said walking over to the pantry and grabbing the ingredients I needed to make dinner.

Malleus and Sebek left the kitchen except for Lilia, leaning against the wall smiling slightly.

"What are you still doing here father?" I said letting my guard down.

"What? Can't I chat with my daughter for a little while?" Father said raising an eyebrow at me smirking a bit at my answer.

" I suppose you can" I grumbled under my breath.

"See? You like it when I'm around, you cling to me like a lost child" Father said chuckling walking over to me.

"Maybe because I am one," I said not looking at father.

"I miss spending time with you papa, I miss the old times," I said sadly sighing as I stopped making dinner for a moment.

"I know darling I do too," Father said looking at me with sad eyes resting his elbows on the kitchen counter.

"Do you ever care to think how I feel?" I said letting out a heavy sigh.

Lilia's POV

"Of course I do hun," I said lightly grabbing Y/N's. chin with my index finger along with my thumb forcing her to look at me.

"I'm only here on duty by the orders of the royal family," I said sighing sadly looking at her.

"I know but do you have to follow every single order they give you?" she asked me with sad eyes.

"Yes I do," I said sternly.

"As Vanrouge's we must obey the royal family's every word without any questions asked" I started saying to her and not long after she joined in which ended up with us both laughing at the end.

"Yeah yeah okay, I get it, don't need to recite the saying again to me over and over again for the millionth time," Y/N said playfully while smiling

"There's that smile I love," I said ruffling her hair a bit.

"Okay okay, you win! Now get out so I can finish making dinner father!" Y/N said shoving towards the door.

"Fine but you better take back that insult about my cooking," I said now willingly walking over to the door to let myself out.

"Never!" Y/N said laughing before I closed the door behind me.

I walk over to the lounge and see Sebek, Silver and Malleus there.

"Father where were you?" asked Silver looking up from the spellbook he was reading.

"Chatting with Y/N in the kitchen," I said with a closed eye smile.

"Why? Did you miss me?" I asked letting out a tiny chuckle.

"Tch, no," he said not making eye contact with me.

I sigh in defeat knowing he won't admit it as I walked over to the couch and sat by Malleus, resting my palm on my chin letting out another sigh almost getting lost in my thoughts.

"Lilia are you alright?" Malleus asked me with concern in his voice, snapping me back to the real world again.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine Malleus there's no need to worry about me" I turning my head to look at him.

I turned my head back and this time got completely lost I thought about how long we can keep up this charade of 'siblings' for how much longer.

3rd POV

Y/N and Lilia were both thinking the same thing about how long they can both keep up this charade before someone finally figures out they're not 'siblings'.

"How long can we keep up this charade of lies father? Y/N?" they both thought simultaneously lost in their thoughts of their own.

"Only time will tell," they thought again, sighing in defeat.

Words: 1044