chapter 8- III

~~~ She reminded me of a crisp spring morning and sticky molten honey on toast. Both of which I felt utterly irresistible. ~~~

^^^ Christopher's gift ^^^

* * *

The clock struck 10.30 pm and he was still not home, where as I was in kitchen searching for food and finally found kiwi fruit, yes! I screamed mentally.

I sat on stool and started devouring my kiwi but my brain had other thoughts, thoughts about Christopher. After his morning act, the my rest of the day did not go as I planned. I was in his penthouse the whole time thinking about what he will be doing now, will he be fine, and everything else which includes Christopher.

Later that day I talked to Charlie only to find out that he got an increment to 5000 pound for which I was totally happy for him and after that he actually interrogate me that why I was not available in office today. I lied that I was not well. I did not wanted to let everyone know because Christopher was still insecure about everyone knowing his birthday.

I was still not able to stop my mind from running miles. I cant help but think that what he will be doing now ?

Of course having dinner with Laurence my mind answered.

Was he enjoying her company more than mine that he is still not home, And just like this I was straining myself by thinking about the person who possibly doesn't even bothered to say a 'thank you' to me for what I did. Not that I expect that from him but.... Ugh! Why am I feeling so insecure ? When did my life started revolving around one person and unfortunately that person has the power to make my life so complicated. Is all this always that difficult.? Why...

"Why are you still awake Ms.Kiara?" And I gasped in shock by hearing his cold voice.

"God you scared me Mr.Richard." I said while keeping my hand on my chest calming my pacing heartbeat.

"That does not answer my question." arrogant are we.

"Was waiting for you." I blurred out. Real smooth Kiara, real smooth.

"May I know why.?" I nodded and went in living room to fetch his gift.

"For this." I told him and kept a big box covered in silver wrapper with a black bow on it. Yeah... I packed it according to his preferences of colours.... I mentally laughed on my own comment.

"And what is this for, Ms.Kiara?" He asked being perplexed and traumatised.

"Your gift umm... actually I planed to give it on early basis but you were not available so..." I trailed off nervously.

"Considering what you did for me today was more than enough, you really did not needed to do this Ms.Kiara." he asked still in outrage.

"I wanted to, Mr.Richard." I said with a smile and a blush. Next thing I saw he started opening the gift wrapper excitedly like a child opening his christmas gift.

"This, you brought me this." He said.

"Is it bad, we can change it. I didn't mean to upset you on your birthday,  Mr.Richard." I said feeling hurt. Of course I will be. I wanted to make his day mesmerising not hurting him...

....and then happened the unexpected. He came and hugged me tightly and I stood there scandalised thinking what exactly is going on.!

"Are you kidding me Ms.Kiara, these..." he pointed towards the two miniatures of car in blue and metallic white "...are the finest vintage car miniatures of BMW made of steel with a glossy touch manufactured in 1910 and if I am not wrong and these are the only pieces available. No second piece is manufactured till date." and I looked it him in awe, while he was saying all his face had a glow, glow of happiness that was showing his high definition dimple smile which made my knees weak. I guess I made a right decision my gifting him these. I never thought he had this information about miniatures. I sure am impressed by his knowledge about automobiles. He loves them to death, doesn't he.?