chapter 4

~~~ Not a word passes between us, not because we don't have anything to say, but because we don't have to say anything. ~~~

^^^ Welcome to London ^^^

* * *

~~In London ~~

"This is just....wow." I said, my eyes wide open in glee. I was standing inside a pent house with glass walls all around. I turned myself in 360 degree to get a good view of everything around me. This house was a combination of black and white colour walls and furniture in white. The living room defined the British touch with big glass balcony. Walls were covered with various modern art paintings and other arts which I completely lack knowledge about. There was a spiral staircase on the left corner beautifully architectures making its may upward with pride, tempting me to cross the room and move my legs and explore more of this 50 floor pent house heaven.

"I will show you to your room." Christopher said waking me up from my drooling over this house day dream.

"Just remember, you are only allowed in kitchen, living room and your room. You are not suppose to entre in other rooms."

"Why.?" I asked with obvious curiosity.

"I like my space." He simply said. Wait! Does that mean...

"You are staying here, with me.?" I asked with horrifying voice.

"Correction Ms.Kiara, you are staying here, with me. This is my house." He said removing his Armani blazer and throwing it on his milk white cough like a rag cloth.

"No way.!" How can he even think I will share the same room.

"I am going." I said, searching for my bag. Now where is that damn bag of mine.

"And where you will be going.?" He asked crossing his arms on his chest. Any other day, this is a site of admiration, looking at his perfect arms, but right now, I want to get out of here.

"To some hotel and than may be I will find a house on rent or something." I argued.

"At 9.30 in the night.?"

"Yes." I said simply.

"Listen Ms.Kiara and listen properly, because I don't have a habit of repeating myself, as you are away from your homeland because of my company, it is my responsibility to make sure you are safe and sound. Away from all the bad influence of this town. So you are staying here. Because if anything happens to you I will be the one answerable to your parents and I certainly don't want that, so you better get used to living here, in my house." He said as he was explaining a 2 year old child why not to eat a chocolate.

"But..."

"Your bags are in your room, last room to the left. You start with your work on Monday." He said and went away just like that. Not even giving me a chance to justify myself. I didn't had any other option but to agree with him. Just a month Kiara, after that you will get your salary and can move out. But surely, I will miss this glass pent house. Left with no other option I made my way to the crystal clear glass spiral stairs. The white colour in the hallway shined in the yellow dim light. Everything in this house was screamed regal. I was astonished that Christopher had such amazing eye for art. They were on almost every part of house. Taking every tiny detail of the house I came to the last door. With hesitation I opened it.

"Wow.." I said to no one but me. This room was for a change in cream colour and not white. Taking a further step inside I looked around, this room was way big then my room in India. Hardly any comparison can be done. There were glass walls, of course, with a queen size bed perfectly made, on the left of the room. On the opposite side were two small siting couch with coffee table and a big flat T.V. There were two door one of which was bathroom and other one was my walk in closet filled with clothes and other womanly necessities. I wonder who did that. I was just roaming aimlessly into the room when the view of down town from the glass window caught my attention. The site from above here was wonderful. Headlights of the cars seemed like tiny stars running on earth and shinning with glory, as always. The paths and the building were looking so small, like a Lego piece and humans were not even visible properly. May be, just may be, this will not turn out as bad as I thought.